SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#347024 - 07/15/12 04:11 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I don't get it...the band is opening for "Brooklyn Bridge"..yet I just played for their fans....at an assisted living center grin

rotfl

#347026 - 07/15/12 04:18 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Yea,... "weekend at Bernie's" seems to be the norm with some of these groups....very scary...YIKES!!

Just face it we're old and that's it who cares?....
live and die I say....but enjoy it while your here cause one day you ain't waking up.

Edited by Dnj (07/15/12 04:22 PM)

#347045 - 07/16/12 06:20 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Hey Bill,
Would you mind if I use you along with Tony and Chas as an editor of my post also?

Maybe I'd become more likable. I'm trying to win a popularity contest. I want to be more popular on the forum like I am with the musicians around New Orleans. Ha ha!

I enjoyed your post it was put more tactful than I'm able to do. I always put my foot in my mouth and nothing seems to come out right. LOL!

No problem. I got your message when I first read it . wish you were in this area. I'd love to hook up with a good sax player and do my B3 thing again.

#347049 - 07/16/12 07:08 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Bill,

I played in the 60's and 70's with Wayne Deville' (the spelling may be wrong but pronounced De Vill A). We did a lot of the R&R, R&B, Funk, and most popular tunes of the day along with a bunch of standards.

To keep working in NO at that time you had to play everything if you wanted to play a bunch. However, Wayne said we weren't going to play Ipanema all night, that I had to learn "Desifinada" too. He did me a big favor.

I had to quit the band and lay brick with an Uncle. I had three in diapers when I was 21. Wayne, in a couple of year's was playing with Al Hirt's band even at the Saints games in those days. He got to work with Wynton Marsalis’ Dad Ellis who was the Pianist, and Wayne played Hammond B3 with the Leslie Speakers.

Anyway, I also had the privilege of working with another better than average B3 player by the name of Billy Boykin. Wayne passed away quite a while back and I don't know anything about Billy today.

Anyway when the folks on the forum bring up Hammond B3's I remember the sound of swinging with "ON A Clear Day” and “Our Day Will Come” doing them as Bossa Nova’s. Man an improviser can really get his grove doing things like this… I got to enjoying the B3 and then they seemed to fade a way. In those days for these two guys it was Jimmy Smith.

You guys on the Forum lately get me thinking of the old days. Or, maybe like Gary says, I am old.

#347053 - 07/16/12 07:49 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We're ALL old ... some just older than others ...
Ya know how parents tell their kids ages in months the first couple of years? ... well, I'm 855 months old !!! rocker bounce grin

#347060 - 07/16/12 08:28 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony you're just a kid! I'm 858 months old!!!!

#347088 - 07/16/12 11:45 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Boo, I'm really glad "the Kid" is back!

R.

#347093 - 07/16/12 12:26 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damned, now I know I'm really old - I'm older than Boo! wink (862 months)

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#347094 - 07/16/12 12:34 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am 25,214 days old....now that sounds old smile...17 days older than DonM...now that really seems old.. eek

#347110 - 07/16/12 02:18 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

At the restaurant, a sign read "Karaoke Tonight!" Grandma studied it before asking, "What kind of fish is that?"

25 Signs You Are Getting Old

Your houseplants are alive, and you can’t smoke any of them.

Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

6:00 a.m . is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

You watch the Weather Channel.

Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up.”

You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as “dressed up.”

You’re the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won’t turn down the stereo.

Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.

Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

You take naps.

Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good sh!t.”

You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

“I just can’t drink the way I used to” replaces “I’m never going to drink that much again.”

90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking “Oh sh!t what the hell!”

Edited by Dnj (07/16/12 02:22 PM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online