SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#346657 - 07/09/12 10:20 AM Accordion Keyboards- Any Market?
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I bought an Orla KX10 because it is the only configuration of buttons and keys in keyboard form out there. Several back and neck surgeries necessitate this. Ketron makes a chromatic keyboard (Audya 8) and has in the past (XD8, SD8). I have asked if they have considered the button/key configuration and they simply said it is not in there plans. Musictech makes the kits that can be installed on a Yamaha Tyros or Ketron product , but again in chromatic configuration. They have recently told me that they have thought about offering the button/keyboard kit many times but there is no market for it. I have to wonder if there is actually any market research to back this up- I would think there are just as many if not more piano accordion players than chromatic accordion players out there that would welcome this. Any opinions/takers on this, or are they right?

#346785 - 07/11/12 08:46 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
sparky589 Offline

No replies- maybe not. Found this on ebay today- belong to anyone here? Very interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ketron-SD1-Plus-...=item2572e2f09a

#346796 - 07/11/12 01:36 PM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Yo Sparky,
I was on a forum with the owner of this board (at that time he lived in Pa.) and got to speak with him soon after he had the bass unit installed. At that time, MasterSound offered a bass unit kit for installation into most arrangers. I was kind of hesitant to do the same thing as it took an inordinate amount of time to have it done and it was, I thought, very expensive. I instead bought the MasterSound MK4, 96 bass controller keyboard. The SD1 is a great board and the 37 lbs doesn't sound all that heavy, but the length of the board and the weight makes it awkward - for me - to handle - like the Korg PA1X. Plus, floppy, no HD or sequencer. With all that, I still would like to have it if the price is right.
Ciao,
Jerry

#346830 - 07/12/12 06:51 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: Jerry T]
sparky589 Offline

Found out from him reserve is $2k. He paid $5400 orig. Found this from Master midi- $560 us delivered in 1 week for any keyboard..

Attachments
6902319.png

#346832 - 07/12/12 07:07 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
Jerry T Offline

Sparky,
I've been using the Master Pro2000 for a number of years with the PA1X then the PA800. Benny Cintioli has a unit in his Philadelphia store - Cintioli's Music. He picked it up for me on one of his trips to Italy.
Ciao,
Jerry

#346833 - 07/12/12 07:12 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
Jerry T Offline

If the photo loaded properly, you will see that my left hand is not on the board but on the midi bass unit ...

Attachments
Wedding Party.jpg

#346834 - 07/12/12 07:22 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

I hate to stand up.........4 hrs sometimes 8 hr doubles.....
Nice pic jerry......:stood up 25 yrs.....what a dope I was for that........nobody cares.....swollen ankles too.....

#346836 - 07/12/12 07:27 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Group,

Peter S. at Accordion-O-Rama told me he makes a button board for keyboards. His price was more! Maybe $1000.00.

#346848 - 07/12/12 09:57 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: sparky589]
sparky589 Offline

$1,500 from Peter at AOR- got email from him this morning and gave him the link to Master. He made the unit himself; I have borrowed it to try out in the past. He can't compete with bulk production pricing. this is the only one.

Jerry- is that the stand alone unit as opposed to the one that mounts on the keyboard that I previously pictured? Both are same price from Master.

Below is AOR unit. It is mechanical, so it has the same FEEL as the bass mechanism on a real accordion as opposed to made with switches. It can also be re-set for different MIDI output channels.

Attachments
barb.jpg

#346850 - 07/12/12 10:36 AM Re: Accordion Keyboards- Any Market? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I hate to stand up.........4 hrs sometimes 8 hr doubles.....
Nice pic jerry......:stood up 25 yrs.....what a dope I was for that........nobody cares.....swollen ankles too.....

You guys that don't want to be physically active will pay for it in later years smile

You worry about standing while playing,,,you worry about keyboards that weigh over 25 pounds...but never about the size and weight of a 22 ounce prime rib smile

Maybe the swollen ankles are from the "beef" above the swollen ankles...and not the healthy "standing" grin

Actually I find it better stage appearance by standing while performing...and it just plain feels better for me...the extra mobility makes interaction better with audience and band members...

Sitting is a restriction..as found with piano players..sure a couple tried to perform standing, but that was a Jerry Lee Lewis type smile

Jerry, someday I like to borrow your midi button module,,I haven't ever tried one...I will catch you at Gino's soon....if they don't fire you...again wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online