SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#346961 - 07/14/12 10:07 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
I don't know how else to explain what I'm trying to say.

I THINK I hear you saying:

1. Making good music is more important to you than 'making good money'.

2. The music you play has to please YOU as well as the audience.

Am I close?

chas

#346962 - 07/14/12 10:21 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
DonM,

You still don't get it. I'm a wanna be Jazz enthusiast. Man I do "Blueberry Hill" ( it does have a tricky bridge and most entertainers murder the chord changes there) how much more of a pop tune entertainer can you get than that tune, Jambalaya, I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Some Day, Give Me A Kiss To Build A Dream On, Friends In Low Places, Maybeline, Shake Rattle And Roll, Route 66, Mary Had A Little Lamb, Twinkle Little Star and 100 more similar to these to not be considered a Jazzer?

You really got me peeved off now!!!! I'm gone Fishing tomorrow morning and golfing in the afternoon and I'll have to rent a set of clubs. Put that In your pipe and smoke it.

Send me a couple hundred lyrics to some CW tunes. Hell I won't even have to practice. I'll just start doing them on my gigs and make a lot of money. Shoots I'll even do them with all the same four chords that we know. Lol

Tell the family hello would ya? You big mean looking "Teddy Bear."

#346963 - 07/14/12 10:21 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
boo ... ironically, we actually agree on most things musical ... fortunately, when I was playing these songs over and over I never did pot or any other drugs ... of course, I was 16 years old and that was the music I listened to ... rocker grin ...
I can appreciate your feelings about the chord repetition ... I can recall one gig when I was a teen, where we played so many blues in Bb (best for our vocals at the time) that I thought my hand was going to cramp up in that position ... wink

#346964 - 07/14/12 10:27 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

DonM,

" ..... Twinkle Little Star ....."

A Number 1 hit for "The Elegants" in 1958 ... High school friends of mine from Staten Island NY ... grin
Their one and only hit because they pi$$ed off Alan Freed, the king of RnR DJs and big 'payola' guy ...

#346965 - 07/14/12 10:35 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Chas, Tony,

From now on, I will refer to the post that I'm commenting on, email you the post have you guys edit it, email it back to me and them I'll post it.

That way maybe the folks here will understand what I'm trying to say and not make so many enemies. I don't want to make enemies and that is not my intentions.

Man they just don't cut a person any slack here at all, Don't they know that Cajuns are human too and need help?

Don't be fooled DonM is not anywhere near a Cajun! OK? Where I come from we call Shreveporters. Yankees. Ya'll har?

#346968 - 07/14/12 11:57 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
DonM,

" ..... Twinkle Little Star ....."

A Number 1 hit for "The Elegants" in 1958 ... High school friends of mine from Staten Island NY ... grin
Their one and only hit because they pi$$ed off Alan Freed, the king of RnR DJs and big 'payola' guy ...

When I was a kid in Brooklyn ....Vito Piccone sang this song to me in my car outside our school.....thought it was great then before it became a big hit........now his mother is in a NH I perform at and always requests this song...
I performed playing KB with so many Top Doo Wop groups on stage & Cruse lines in many shows thru the years, I actually met my lovely wife on a Doo Wop tour when I was with the
"Mystics" ( "Hushabye" #1 1959 ) in the early 80's..mostly nowadays aren't close to what they wee or even have any originals left to perform.....but they mostly now merge together to create a group and make a living off the Big Hits the former members made years ago...
Little Anthony & The Imperials are one of the few left who sound great and are original..Doo Wop is more about the singing and harmonies then the simple music derived from the street corners growing up in the city streets..

Edited by Dnj (07/14/12 11:58 AM)

#346970 - 07/14/12 12:11 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny ... you are younger than some of us, aren't you? ... you must have been a Freshman when Vito sang this to you ... grin
I was at a High School dance flirting with a pretty young girl when a friend of mine came over and told me she was Vito's girlfriend and said I'd better back off ... and that was BEFORE he became a STAR !!! grin

Meanwhile back ON topic ... Fran ... good job opening for the BB ... take some pics ... rocker

#346972 - 07/14/12 12:53 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny...you were 6 years old when "Little Star" topped the charts...What car did you have..."push car" smile

Art and Vito wrote the song...they were from South Beach, Staten Island...

#346973 - 07/14/12 01:16 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was an 18-year-old kid in the U.S. Navy when that song came out! Still remember when I first heard it at a USO.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346974 - 07/14/12 01:25 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Donny...you were 6 years old when "Little Star" topped the charts...What car did you have..."push car" smile

Boy, it seems like just yesterday when I was knighted by Queen Elizabeth (we were on a first name basis, so I just called her 'Liz'). I think it was just after I charged up San Juan Hill with Teddy Roosevelt, but I still suffer from 'survivors guilt' from being the only survivor at Custer's Last Stand....I'm pretty sure it was one of DonM's relatives shooting at me....no wait, I was on the other side....gee, it's funny how the ol' memory goes when you get old....or whatever.

chas

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online