SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#346789 - 07/11/12 12:16 PM MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!!
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi All,

A SPECIAL Thank you to Darren,(TonewheelDude)for his email supplied technical advice.

He provided me a fix for my Audio out problem which I've had since I bought the Keyboard four years ago.

In addition he supplied help on how to get to and clean dirty keyboard contacts. I had an A note giving me problems.

Problems are GONE!!!!

Playing Perfect! Come On NEW STYLES!

Thanks Darren.

Jim

#346791 - 07/11/12 12:41 PM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
He is the spesialist for the members Great man

#346793 - 07/11/12 01:09 PM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Originally Posted By: NiteLife
Hi All,

A SPECIAL Thank you to Darren,(TonewheelDude)for his email supplied technical advice.

He provided me a fix for my Audio out problem which I've had since I bought the Keyboard four years ago.

In addition he supplied help on how to get to and clean dirty keyboard contacts. I had an A note giving me problems

Problems are GONE!!!!

Thanks Darren.

Jim

Can you explain bether...???

Edited by Dusan (07/11/12 01:11 PM)

#346809 - 07/11/12 03:21 PM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
can you forward the mail for me ?

necdet.doni@isbank.net.tr

#346824 - 07/12/12 12:17 AM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
gokuss4 Offline

can you forward the mail for me ?

marklivemusic@yahoo.com

#346828 - 07/12/12 05:34 AM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Attention : Necdetdoni & Gokuss4 & Dusan

The e-mails I received from Darren, helped me with two specific problems.

1. Audio output, Right or Left Channel not working.

2. Dirty Contact in the KeyBed.

If any of you have either of these two issues, maybe this will help.

First you need to know how to take the top off of the Audya and not be afraid to get into it.

With the top open, you'll need to support it upright. If you try to lay it flat it will put stress on the ribbon cables running from the bottom half to the top half of the case.

The wires, I believe 4 of them, that run from the soundcard to the top right pcb is where the audio out problem occur's.

The connector on the top needs to be unplugged and the connector prongs need to be cleaned with Alcohol and a Q-Tip.

About two inches out from that connector, you'll need a wire retainer clip that has a sticky base to stick on the case. A small zip tie is then used to secure the wires to the retaining clip. This prevents the connection from moving, wiggling, vibrating ECT. It forces a tight bond between the male and Female ends of the connector.

2. Dirty contact's in the Key Bed.

If you have this problem, here is a link to a video that will offer some help on cleaning the contact's and contact surface on the PCB.

The video show's work on a Kurzweil, however the contact system is very similar to the Audya.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWLspNBOWU

I hope this helps.

Jim

#346851 - 07/12/12 10:38 AM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the post. Much appreciated

Edited by DanO1 (07/12/12 10:38 AM)

#346877 - 07/13/12 02:44 AM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Thanks Jim..

#346952 - 07/14/12 09:47 AM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: NiteLife
Hi All,

In addition he supplied help on how to get to and clean dirty keyboard contacts. I had an A note giving me problems.

Problems are GONE!!!!

Thanks Darren.

Jim

Jim,

How come you got dirt in the KB contact so quickly, glad to see Darren helped you he is a great guy, I would call him Mr Audya.. clap
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347020 - 07/15/12 01:45 PM Re: MY Audya's Performing Perfect!!!! [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

So quick?

I think jim has had his Audya for a few years now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online