SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#346607 - 07/08/12 05:23 PM Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again.
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,

Can't you post "If Tomorrow Never Comes" using your arranger keyboard? If you can't do it, nobody can. I don't want to hear a midi file backing.

If someone else does do this tune with an arranger, I'd really really like to give a listen. I love this tune. I try to do it and I murder it. However, it's such a pretty tune, it still sounds good. To me it's a tune that sounds good even if you sing it out of tune. Ha ha!

Come on Russ, Chas give it a try eh?

#346609 - 07/08/12 07:24 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Don,

I love this tune. I try to do it and I murder it.

It doesn't have enough chord changes for you, boo ... rotfl

#346612 - 07/08/12 08:02 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't do a great job on it either, but I'll look for a recording, or make another when I get a chance, especially if it will get you to stop posting.
I'M JOKING. We all enjoy your posts.
DonM

#346618 - 07/08/12 11:11 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Tony

Here is my version on a KMA, along with a few others.

https://www.box.com/s/1vt3b2epz68mhxfrxnm7

Regards

Col

#346627 - 07/09/12 05:39 AM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Saswich,
You have a nice voice, and I like the change of pace with the rhythm(style) you use. I do tunes like "I've Got You Under My Skin" with a Bossa Nova Style. Makes it kicks butt.

I appreciate you posting this for me. You're like me, I do all of the good pop tunes too. I don't care what genre' it is. If it's good, it's good.

Old DNJ makes all that money because he does all the good tunes too. So does Gary.

DonM makes a lot of money too but he cheats. He does all that guitar pickin along with the CW. He can't miss. I keep considering selling out to the CW scene myself, but every time I try this, my hands move too much on the chord changes and even my CW sounds like "I Left My Heart In Fran Sancisco."

#346640 - 07/09/12 07:46 AM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Tony

Thanks for the comments,

I played bass in a jazz quartet for many years so my heart is in swing as well as Pop and CW.

My voice isn't quite up to swing but one of these day's I'll give it a go.

Regards

Col

#346677 - 07/09/12 04:31 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

I just started performing this song about three weeks ago, I'll try to record it during tomorrow's performance and send it to you.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346679 - 07/09/12 06:04 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Gary, Are you sure you can't sail over the Rocky Mountains to take me sailing?
Send the tune to me. I work on it some more.

#346684 - 07/09/12 08:10 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Just got home from sailing today, the temperature was 86 degrees and the humidity was about 80 percent. Not much wind, only covered about 15 miles and motored home when the wind died. Come on down to the Florida Keys in November, get warm we'll go sailing and play some music together. Sailing to the Rocky Mountains just ain't gonna' happen! wink

Gary cool

#346736 - 07/10/12 03:09 PM Re: Oh DonM, after this post, I will lurk again. [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Boo,

Here's a link to If Tomorrow Never Comes that I performed today and recorded using the Zoom H2. No editing other than trimming the ends- just a one shot deal - live performance.

https://www.box.com/s/1c20199660b3f09ed8fb

Gary cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online