SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#322331 - 04/19/11 07:21 PM Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Here is the style I promised earlier today on the Korg Pa80 forum. It was originally created on a Pa50 but it works fine on the Pa800 too. If you turn off "Memory" or activate "Sync Stop" this style gives the same effect as the "Stop Accompaniment" feature on a Yamaha PSR. Two lower voices are triggered when you play a chord- a bass tone and a string pad sound. (Of course it can be revoiced to use the instruments of your choice.) You could easily add even more instruments by copying the note events to one of the unused accompaniment tracks.

The drum track is normally muted, but it contains a uniform drum beat (wooden block) which can be used in place of the metronome. This was necessary because the style is set to a slow 48 BPM to delay the slight glitch that occurs when the notes are retriggered at the end of the style track. At this tempo, the style will run glitch-free for more than 5 minutes.

Have fun with it! If you make your own variations of this style please share them on the forum!!

Note: The .zip file contains a SET folder, but when fully expanded, the only thing in the set is one style, and that's the custom style.

Attachments
Bkup2011_SET.zip (62 downloads)
Description: Rubato Trig (retrigger) style for Korg Pa arrangers

#346348 - 07/03/12 11:02 AM Re: Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord [Re: TedS]
ddmetzger Offline

Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN USA
Hello TedS,

I have just purchased a Korg microARRANGER and I desperately need the "stop accompaniment" functionality for church gigs. I downloaded Bkup2011SET.zip to my Win XP PC and unzipped it to an SD card that had been pre-formatted in the arranger. My procedure was then;
SD Card>Direct SD>RubatoTrig at which point I get the error message "Style Select Failed". I erased the SD card and did everything all over again (including download nand unzip) with the same disappointing result. The microARRANGER is supposed to be electronically identical to the PA50SD?

Is there another procedure for loading the style? Are the microARRANGER and PA50SD NOT the same software-wise?

Any help would be much appreciated. I like the keyboard otherwise but this is a show-stopper for me.

Cheers !!

Edited by ddmetzger (07/03/12 11:03 AM)

#346351 - 07/03/12 11:43 AM Re: Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord [Re: TedS]
ddmetzger Offline

Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN USA
BTW

I also loaded "Rubatotrig" into the USER01 Style Bank and got the same error message when I tried to load it.

#346414 - 07/04/12 09:39 PM Re: Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord [Re: ddmetzger]
TedS Offline

Mr. Metzger, please try one of these. Honestly I'm not sure if these are the rubato styles or not. My Korg is put away right now and I can't easily move things around to set it up. I would upload the original one that I made on my PA-50 but that's on Floppy and I don't have access to a machine that even reads floppies right now.

I'm a little rusty on the Korg operating system. I believe you will have to embed them in a "set" folder in order to upload them to the board. Please let us know if any or all of these work.

If they don't work, please read my posts on the Korg PA80 forum. If you understand the theory, it's really not that difficult to make one of these styles yourself, and it will impart to your MicroArranger the "Bass and Lower Backing" function that's found on upmarket Korg arrangers beginning with the PA1X. Yamaha's "freestyles" such as Ethereal Movie work on a similar principle. IMO, this functionality (or some styles like this) should be factory issue on all brands.
Sincerely,
Ted

#346415 - 07/04/12 09:43 PM Re: Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord [Re: TedS]
TedS Offline

Sorry... This is my 2nd attempt to upload the new .zip attachment. If it doesn't show up here by morning GMT-6 then perhaps we can contact the moderator, or I can email it to you directly. -Ted

Edited by TedS (07/04/12 09:44 PM)

#426297 - 09/18/16 12:06 PM Re: Rubato style tht works like Yamaha Auto Bass Chord [Re: TedS]
Thomas770 Offline

thanks for the set

thomas

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online