SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#346387 - 07/03/12 10:05 PM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: captain Russ]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Russ,

What about comedians category, Ian the loader, Beakybird Human Cannonball, Gary on sights and trajectory, Oh yes Gary is not just an arranger player, once over if he had you in his sights you were brown bread.

Good luck with your flight through the air Beaky and remember one thing , if the good lord had meant you to fly he would have given you a pair of wings confused2

Happy 4th to you all drink smoke party

Tony

BTW Russ I agree with your Hall Of Fame, all ist class IMO clap

#346399 - 07/04/12 07:44 AM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: captain Russ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Russ - It's a love-fest all around! Thanx for the nod ... I'm honored and especially touched by the category. So many friends here are all tied for tops on my list, still ... it's great to be mentioned. Now, get your old arse out here to Philly!

#346432 - 07/05/12 06:15 AM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: captain Russ]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
* Favorite Keyboard Player: Toastie (Joost). He has the mechanics down, but plays with such precision, innovation and feeling. I really enjoy him.

Is this "KeyboardPlayer" on Youtube?

#346461 - 07/05/12 03:34 PM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The two Tonys are on my "favorites" list, for sure. Tony Mads for unwavering commitment to music, support of others in the field and a classy, genteel attitude. He also has an open-minded appreciation for all kinds of music and excellent taste (unlike a certain crusty old, sometimes narrow minded "jazzer" around here...ME!).

And, my friend from across the sea...a wierd little guy who happens to be cool, discerning, funny as hell and a genuine "smart ass all the same time, while still making valid observations; often in line with mine (of course, that makes him an expert on all things (LOL). Rarely, does he not bring a smile to my face.

I didn't mention Nigel, the Tony's and many others because I tried to do a "shoot from the hip" appreciation of music production only....not personality, good works (Chas, for instance, is a person so totally devoted to humanitarian works and issues of equality...backs up his commitment with major hours and checks) chick magnet ability...Fran has that one locked up (LOL)...or other qualities.

One thing for sure. Here, a full spectrum of types of musicians/entertainers are represented.

And that's part of what makes life interesting and rewarding.
And that's what makes you folks special to me.

Best personal wishes to all,

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (07/05/12 03:41 PM)

#346469 - 07/05/12 05:55 PM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: captain Russ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well said, Russell...it's only human nature to have favorites.

In my line of thinking, anyone who contributes regularly to the forum earns my appreciation, as it keeps this unique place going and gives us all a chance to voice our opinions on all aspects of arranger playing.

Ian

#346484 - 07/06/12 08:23 AM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... Thanks for the kind words, although unnecessary ... I don't think anyone could take exception to your "appreciation" post ... and if they do, that's THEIR bag !!!

#346491 - 07/06/12 10:38 AM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

I don't think anyone could take exception to your "appreciation" post ... and if they do, that's THEIR bag !!!

Me neither, Tony, in fact positive posts like Russell's are nice to see on this forum, and indicative of what a caring person he is...he's also a pretty good player as well...double whammy!

Ian

#346494 - 07/06/12 12:02 PM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: ianmcnll]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I meant FRAN in my earlier post. So sorry, friend. I pulled a tendon in my left index finger. It's in a brace and that makes playing keyboard and typing very hard and playing guitar/bass impossible.

FRAN is my choice as consummate, long-time professional.
(And, LADIES MAN!)!

Russ

#346506 - 07/06/12 09:28 PM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: captain Russ]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ

And, my friend from across the sea...a wierd little guy who happens to be cool, discerning, funny as hell and a genuine "smart ass all the same time, while still making valid observations; often in line with mine (of course, that makes him an expert on all things (LOL). Rarely, does he not bring a smile to my face.

Russ

Russ,

It's dead simple about you and me "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE" heeeeeeeeee, and I am brushing up on my jazz, I just wannabe part of the "A" Team, I let my wife see your nice comments about me, she said " IF HE LOVES YOU THAT MUCH LET HIM COME AND LIVE WITH YOU"??? rotf2

Thanks Russ

PS I really hate Jazz and the Beatles sofa
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#346516 - 07/07/12 03:41 AM Re: Appreciation goes to some of my favorites... [Re: Tony Hughes]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

PS I really hate Jazz and the Beatles sofa

So do most people, Tony. At least you're honest about it. I know it's heresy but I, too, am not a huge fan of the Beatles. I love a few of their songs ('Yesterday', for instance) but I usually prefer someone else's arrangement/performance of them (so I guess it must be their songWRITING that I like smile ). As for jazz, it's pretty much an aquired taste, as (like Classical) it requires a certain amount of intellectual participation from the listener. In it's MOST sophisticated forms, it almost requires that the listener himself be a musician or at least an advanced student of the art form. This is (understandably) just too much work for most people, but for those lucky few, the rewards are great.

chas

PS: I hate theatre organ as a style and lump pipe organs right up there with accordions, bagpipes, and harmonicas. But what can I say, I'm culturally deprived smile .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online