SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345896 - 06/20/12 01:59 PM korg microstation or microarranger
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
Which would you recommend for learning tunes and basic praticing while on vacation? I dont want to lug a full size board with me and I dont want to not touch a board for a month. I would like something small with decent sound just to keep up with stuff.

Any advice/suggestions?

#345900 - 06/20/12 02:28 PM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: ykc]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Both are good. It depends on whether you want an arranger or a workstation.

I have the Micro arranger because I am an arranger player. It is great for the purpose you mentioned. It has deep editing capabilities, but I hear the Micro station is deeper, if that is what you want, but it is not an arranger.

Bernie

#345909 - 06/20/12 07:33 PM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: Bernie9]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I am an arranger player and own the Korg Micro Arranger. I absolutely love it! In fact, I used it today as a stand-a-lone keyboard on a gig. I also own a Tyros 4 and have come to like the KMA more than the T4.

Deane

#345923 - 06/21/12 06:21 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I am an arranger player and own the Korg Micro Arranger. I absolutely love it! In fact, I used it today as a stand-a-lone keyboard on a gig. I also own a Tyros 4 and have come to like the KMA more than the T4.

Deane

Deanne.......wow !!! that's a bold statement rocker I glad you are enjoying the benefits of the KMA makes life easier on the gig for sure..and I'm sure your audiences still love you mucho,.....have a great giggin' summer my friend! keys

#345925 - 06/21/12 07:16 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

Deane

WOW!!! Imagine what the Pa3x would do for you in that case. shocked

#345929 - 06/21/12 08:35 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: ykc]
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
Thanks to all. Just a little note - while I do play a arranger keyboard, I am (like Uncle Dave) a minimalist. When I play arranger style, I play my own LH bass and RH chords/melody. Most middle of the road arrangers DONT really do that with full arranger accompaniment. You can have JUST drums. Korg arrangers have always allowed you to assign the arranger to the right or left hands (or across the board, of course). Does the micro have that functionality? For what it's worth, I use my arranger board (a trusty Technics KN2000!) as my main keyboard with a band and dont often use the arranger functions at all. So I do not necessarily NEED an arranger...does that influence my decision between the MA and the MS?

#345935 - 06/21/12 09:30 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: Stephenm52]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Stephen,
Well, I am about out of the high end arranger market. What I am finding is the only person who knows the difference between say a T4 and a S910 on a gig is me. The audience could care less. What sells is the music you play and the personality you bring to the gig. Besides, after owning my T4 for 2 years I don't begin to know everything it will or won't do. I use very little of the potential of the TOTL arrangers.

Deane

#346119 - 06/26/12 07:36 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: hammer]
newday5229 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I have come to like the keys very much on my MicroArranger and don't find it messes up my piano playing (at first it did, not anymore).
My new Korg Micro Arranger is great for me too. Needless to say I don't use the speakers but external instead.

#346126 - 06/26/12 11:20 AM Re: korg microstation or microarranger [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Hi Stephen,
Well, I am about out of the high end arranger market. What I am finding is the only person who knows the difference between say a T4 and a S910 on a gig is me. The audience could care less. What sells is the music you play and the personality you bring to the gig. Besides, after owning my T4 for 2 years I don't begin to know everything it will or won't do. I use very little of the potential of the TOTL arrangers.

Deane

Great very honest post Deane.. wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online