SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345839 - 06/19/12 10:33 AM PA3x singers - please read!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I need a little help from my fellow 3xers. I'm using a stock 3x through the PA-as speaker bar, and with all effects off, and NO processing at all on my mic, it still sounds a bit like it's doubled. I can reduce it by disabling the MAXX processor, but I still hear a studio-like, very subtle doubling effect. I remember hearing this on the TC live touch and I was able to eliminate it by turning off a default value for a pitch correction, but I've done all that already. My pitch correction is OFF and set to 0 anyway. With no reverb or delay, I still sense a bit of a processed sound and it's driving me nuts that I cant find it! It's not a bad sound at all, and with all the other stuff going on, it's hard to complain about the end result, but I want my pure, unaltered tone back. Anyone else have this issue?

#345888 - 06/20/12 10:30 AM Re: PA3x singers - please read! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

This is why I sing through a "SEPARATE" Voc MIC Processor/Mixer/VH
gives me more control of the sound/efx ...I just like it that way more,.and a reason I chose the KORG PA500.....I hope you get it figured out Dave .....did this problem happen when you didn't have the PASS speaker system?

#345906 - 06/20/12 04:40 PM Re: PA3x singers - please read! [Re: Uncle Dave]
mweuch Offline

Uncle Dave, if I remember correctly on my PA1X, there is somewhere in the vocal FX area that it is called "Level". By default I beleive it is dialed all the way up to 100. Try to adjust the level value down till u get the FX u want. I dont have a PA3X and am not by my PA1X but hope that helps. (sorry my first post and am also new here) thamks!

#345913 - 06/20/12 10:39 PM Re: PA3x singers - please read! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, I have not experienced that at all, and I have tried just about every possible combination of e.q., processing, reverb, delay, compression, and gate.
I've found best results to be just a little reverb, almost zero e.q. (in other words flat). I have compressor and gate off. Most of the time I use EV PL84 phantom powered condenser mic. I have also tried Sennheiser 855, Shure SM58, AKG, Samson Q7, Audix OM5, Peavey, EV 967 and a few more. All of them sound good with some adjustments to fit the mic, but the best of have been the PL 84 and Sennheiser. The SM58 sounded surprisingly good (really warm), but had too much handling noise in the bass end of the spectrum.
I will try to duplicate your problem when I get a chance.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online