SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#345517 - 06/07/12 05:17 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
As soon as I say goodby to my students (at tomorrow's end-of-year picnic) I will set up my new rig and record a test drive for you inquiring minds. I'll take better pics too.

#345518 - 06/07/12 06:31 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, what PASS settings are you using?
DonM

#345529 - 06/07/12 09:35 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Don,
There is a default for the PAAS - I'm not even sure you can change it. I really haven't spent much time with it yet ... Saturday is my work on it day. I'll let you know if there is something cool.
d

#345531 - 06/07/12 09:38 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Oh, you can change it. I've tried everything from default to extremes. It sounds great, but it's always nice to know what others are using. You can adjust highs, lows, volume (which seems to have compression also). You can also totally customize the overall e.q.
DonM

#345539 - 06/08/12 04:59 AM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

Yup, not surprised. That's the Korg modus operandi.

#345542 - 06/08/12 08:51 AM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

I said PASS, but I meant MAXX.
DonM

#345566 - 06/09/12 06:37 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Here are two shots that show the shape and size of the rig. I have been spoiled by having my mic boom attached to my X stand for a long time - I'll have to adjust.
Apex users will not be able to use this setup without the extended arms, and even then - it may sit too far forward for stability.
Jury's out on the looks - but the sound is a slam dunk.

More pics of the cleaned up setup. I need that little Rolls mixer to make the iPad loud enough through the line inputs. It's also nice to have a second channel for my guitar, when I bring it. The small remote on the right side controls the teeny light that sits on the floor. (micro galaxian)

Attachments
IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

#345567 - 06/09/12 06:40 PM Re: PA-AS pics [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Here are two shots that show the shape and size of the rig. I have been spoiled by having my mic boom attached to my X stand for a long time - I'll have to adjust.
Apex users will not be able to use this setup without the extended arms, and even then - it may sit too far forward for stability.
Jury's out on the looks - but the sound is a slam dunk.

More pics of the cleaned up setup. I need that little Rolls mixer to make the iPad loud enough through the line inputs. It's also nice to have a second channel for my guitar, when I bring it. The small remote on the right side controls the teeny light that sits on the floor. (micro galaxian)

I still have to measure, cut and wrap all the wires for quick setup and best appearance, but it looks pretty clean so far. I also use a stretch KB cover on the front side of the X stand to cover the inside (and my legs) from the audience.

** Not sure why only one pic showed up in this frame - just click on the link under the picture and you'll see the second one.

Attachments
IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg (31 downloads)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online