SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#345509 - 06/07/12 01:09 PM Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date...
leezone Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRl27Cr6m0

doesn't show too much
but video actually looks and sounds pro...

this i believe was produced in Poland

maybe Ketron should hire these guys to put out some pro looking & sounding promo videos instead of those bad sounding NAMM, Messe videos on their site....

just a thought

#345521 - 06/07/12 07:22 PM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

I see my fellow synthzoners just like to read
Come on guys, say something

Wake up. wink

#345535 - 06/08/12 12:51 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
A friend of mine recently bought the pa3x and is very impressed with it. When I told him about my Audya's live guitars and drums he shrugged it off by saying the majority of listeners can't tell and couldn't care less.
Of course we discussed the fact that such an expensive keyboard does not have an on board sequencer.
What are your pros and cons as an owner of both keyboards?
Another friend has a T4 which he will be selling soon due to ill health and I am tempted but I still think the Audya is a class act and any other keyboard I buy could be a very expensive dust collector.
Your thoughts please

#345536 - 06/08/12 01:55 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: BobbyP]
BobbyP Offline

Sorry Leezone I see it is nitelife who has just bought the new Korg. Anyway I am just trying to get a converssation going so I will throw the question open for anyone's thoughts or experience

#345540 - 06/08/12 05:27 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi BobbyP & Leezone,

I'll keep the conversation going!

I've had almost a week now to spend on my new PA3X61.

I will say personally, I like it's overall sound better than the Tyros 3. Some nice and very usable styles.

It's difficult for me to get excited over the Korg in comparison with the Audya. Like stated above however, most people in an audience wouldn't recognize the difference. All they know is that what their hearing coming from a keyboard is pretty amazing.

I'm enjoying having two boards on stage with me again and the challenge of operating both efficiently. Helps keep my mind and coordination sharp.

I no longer want to debate with others about which Arranger is the best. It really is personal preference and I think each one has it's own unique offerings for any of us to enjoy.

For me, the bottom line is having good strong realistic solo voices to work with on lead's and to have an accompaniment that sounds the most like a real band or orchestra behind you. The Audys use of real audio in their styles gives better separation and a more true feel and sound of LIVE Musicians playing with you.

The Korg and the Yamaha's overall sound in their styles does not offer that separation or feel of LIVE Musicians. The CD polished studio sound is very tight and to perfect. Which is NOT a BAD thing, it just doesn't sound like Live Musicians playing.

When I listen carefully to an arrangers styles, I'd like to be able to look at the band members performing in the style and think the lead guitar is a little to loud or a little out of tune or the second chair trumpet player is off a little with his counter harmonies or the drummer get's off tempo a little after coming off a drum fill or the pedal steel player just played an awesome fill part....etc....etc.

I don't know if that makes sense to you guys, however I think the Audya comes as close to that kind of feel as possible. No off tune or mistakes, just a more realistic LIVE MUSICIAN SOUND.

If I thought I could make any money, I'd have a 10 piece band with me on stage. There is nothing more exciting than to play with a group of good musicians. Each one showing off their talents and working together to showcase an awesome sound.

Playing for 40 plus years in a Duo, I've missed that excitement.

The Audya get's me REAL CLOSE!

That is why it is my Arranger of CHOICE.

You guy's are wearing me out with these posts!!!!!!

Jim

#345544 - 06/08/12 11:29 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: NiteLife]
BobbyP Offline

Couldn't agree more Jim. I was just wondering what made you buy the Korg in the first place.........Greed maybe. This of course is coming from a man who is thinking about adopting his mate's T4.
I had a Tyros 2 not long after they came out and loved it from the kick off. Then I took it out to a gig and it died on it's backside. I tweaked and tweaked but eventually decided it was a great keyboard for the house or for recording but not what I wanted for live gigging. So I sold it. As you know, I love my Audya but still gig a lot with my SD1. Best of both worlds really.
When we tale about a sound being too clean and also we talk about how much the audience know about what is going on in our crazy heads, it brings me to my most common bugbear.
That is when someone comes up to me, usually whilst I am singing and playing, and asks me to put such and such a song on.
As if I am operating a record player.
Jeeeeeees !

#345545 - 06/08/12 12:22 PM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
NiteLife Offline

BobbyP,

I bought the Korg mostly because I needed a backup Arranger in case the Audya should crash and burn on me. I play 5 to 7 nights a week year round and don't want to risk any down time.

I also enjoy having two boards on stage.

I was going to buy a Roland Jupiter 80 or 50 to couple with the Audya. However I'd have a tough time getting through the night with my dance crowd on just a performance keyboard. I still might buy the 50 when it becomes available.

So that's pretty much the summary on this end.

Hopefully soon we'll have some updates coming out for both Korg & Ketron. Some more styles would be nice too.

Jim

#345546 - 06/08/12 09:18 PM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: NiteLife]
Tony Hughes Offline

Leezone,

As a taster you are right it is the best vidoe I have ever seen on the Audya, the thing is over dubed and they should have pent less time zooming in and out and more time playing it, I was expecting to see a number 2 and 3 etc but no miss their chance again, but as you say the best yet for promotion no content, like the big screen.

Good Luck you Audya nut

Tony

#345559 - 06/09/12 09:26 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

NiteLife

If what you needed was a backup to your Audya
And what you've said was the Audya's the BEST
Why not just buy another AUDYA?

#345561 - 06/09/12 11:04 AM Re: Most Pro-Looking Audya video i've seen to date... [Re: leezone]
NiteLife Offline

Leezone,

I gave that some serious thought. My dealer Frank is selling his. However I felt a little occasional change up in the sound on stage wouldn't hurt.

The Korg does have some really nice Big Band and Orchestral styles similar to the Tyros. The use of new styles is always a nice plus for me and my crowd.

If and when the Audya dies, I WILL buy another one then....I'll get the 61 note next time.

Believe me.....I'm NOT thrilled with it.....not like I was and still am with the Audya. However my partner and my crowd likes it.

I really wanted to get the Roland Jupiter 80 or 50 to add with the Audya. I like the Synth stuff and the Lead Guitar on the Roland. My partner actually convinced me we should have another Arranger instead. It just seemed redundant to buy another Audya while mine is still cranking out the tunes just fine.

The Jupiter 50 will start shipping in July, despite my recent purchase of the Korg, I'll probably buy that board also.

No matter what the circumstances, or what manufacturers are involved, the AUDYA will always be first choice and the most played in the line up!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online