SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345374 - 06/05/12 09:28 AM Audya - what is its current state please?
Karmathanever Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi & greetings from Australia

I fell in love with the Audya when it was first announced a few years ago and really thought that "this is it - my last keyboard". Sadly I was disallusioned by the constant bad press regarding its bugs and "incomplete"" OS. I loved the demos at that time but was put off by some obvious latency issues listening to style play demos.

OK - I am NOT being negative here - I really would like to know where Audya is at today. I am in a location where I will NEVER get to see or try one unless I actually buy one and have it shipped - too risky.

So I am just after some guidance, links, demos of the "current" Audya as I would still consider one if I can get some real genuine "feel" for it despite its "retail" absence in my area.

Thanks in advance

Pete smile

PS - Yes, I am a Korg owner currently.....

Edited by Karmathanever (06/05/12 09:29 AM)

#345392 - 06/05/12 06:06 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Karmathanever]
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
Well I have mine 3 years now so I had in the bad times but let me tell you nothing will ever beat the Audya I'm out 4or5 nights with no problems

#345399 - 06/05/12 10:24 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Karmathanever]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi my friend!!
So...
I had also many problems with my Audya.... All problems have fixed now!!!!...
And with the new OS (still has not been released but I have it in Beta Version) Audya working PERFECT!!!!....
I am working every night in Hotels and I am very Happy!!!!

#345405 - 06/06/12 04:04 AM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Karmathanever]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Pete,

I gave you a pretty good review of the Audya on Korg's forum.

The bottom line is, it's an AWESOME arranger, best SOUND by far, Great Styles and the use of LIVE REAL AUDIO DRUMS & GUITARS!

NO other manufacturer has attempted to use this REAL AUDIO technology which really puts the Audya in a CLASS of it's own.

I don't think you'll find anyone anywhere that has put this machine to a more grueling test than ME!

I have performed and played this Board professionally an average of 27 nights a month non-stop for the last four years plus practicing on it during the day. I am still THRILLED with it!!!!!

From a business stand point, I can tell you this, The Use of the Audya in my Duo has taken me to the Top of my game. I have bookings contracted as far ahead as July 2014. I made more Income last year then I ever have in 40 years of playing full time.

The compliments I have received, the heads I have turned, the dance floors I have packed, the crowds I have drawn and the popularity I have achieved, I owe to the Audya!!

OF Course having a great lead singer and a little personal talent has helped also.

Over the years I have owned and played enough keyboards to fill a good size music store.

I'd trade them all for one Audya and never look back.

Search my posts here on SZ and you'll find my opinions on the keyboard haven't changed.

Because of the advanced technology used in the Audya's Operating system, there has been glitches reported along the way for several owners. So the Audya does have a slight down side. However personally, these glitches have not affected me other than a occasional audio out problem which requires a re-boot.

Do yourself a favor, stop thinking, stop wondering, stop dreaming about the Audya. I'm sure you can find one somewhere on the internet and have it shipped right to your front door.

I personally wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another one.

When I WEAR mine out, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I hope I've been some help.

Jim

#345453 - 06/06/12 03:04 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Karmathanever]
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Hello Pete

Ive been playing arranger keyboards for over 20 years. Ive had the Korg Pa1x which i loved until...
Right now i have the Kronos, Audya 76 and Lionstracs Mediastation.

Id have to echo Jim words and say that if it came down to only one it would be my Audya.

After playing the Audyas audio styles its so hard to go back and use regular midi styles.
The Audya may not have all the depth that Korg has but it makes up for it in the final sound, which is amazing!

The Audya is far from perfect machine as far as hardware is concerned, it def can use better specs if they come out with a version 2.

But even with the occasional issues i have i love this board.

I dont know of another mainstream arranger that has 4 fills and 4 breaks to each style. That alone keeps things really interesting and doesnt sound boring.

If u can order one and have the option of returning i would do it.

Im not a regular poster in here but i had to chime on the Audya.

David

#345483 - 06/06/12 11:40 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Karmathanever]
skude Offline

Pete
I will just say one thing, before you buy, be sure you have support near by. You may need it! If you don't have, you are pretty much on your own. ! Good luck!
skude

#345549 - 06/08/12 09:31 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: skude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

Whats the state of play with your old Audya is it still giving you pain, sorry not been in touch, thought by now you would have had it fixed, I would have still got on that plane or had a week in Italy, hire a car and turned up at the factory with the Audya, don't tell them you are coming, just turn up.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#345550 - 06/08/12 09:40 PM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Pearlss1977]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Pearlss1977
Hello Pete

Ive been playing arranger keyboards for over 20 years. Ive had the Korg Pa1x which i loved until...
Right now i have the Kronos, Audya 76 and Lionstracs Mediastation.

Id have to echo Jim words and say that if it came down to only one it would be my Audya.

After playing the Audyas audio styles its so hard to go back and use regular midi styles.
The Audya may not have all the depth that Korg has but it makes up for it in the final sound, which is amazing!

The Audya is far from perfect machine as far as hardware is concerned, it def can use better specs if they come out with a version 2.

But even with the occasional issues i have i love this board.

I dont know of another mainstream arranger that has 4 fills and 4 breaks to each style. That alone keeps things really interesting and doesnt sound boring.

If u can order one and have the option of returning i would do it.

Im not a regular poster in here but i had to chime on the Audya.

David

David,

Thats good the hear that with all the heavy duty kit you have the Audya pops up tops, I would have liked to known more about the MS
but anyone who as one is the last person to ask about it's performance, they all go dead on you, as has if they don't like talking
about shelling out so much cash for something that does work or they can't make it work, all this kit from italy appears to have
bad history, perhaps not the Korg range apart from LED and any manufacturer can end up with that one, bought in parts faulty.

If you don't reply about the MS than I will understand, but if you stll have it maybe you do get along with it, or no one wants to buy it is why you still have it.

Keep enjoyning your Audya Dave and good luck

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#345575 - 06/10/12 06:45 AM Re: Audya - what is its current state please? [Re: Tony Hughes]
skude Offline

Tony!
Have been very busy, playing with my band, also playing in my old band from 1974, there was a show here, and they wanted us to play like we used to back then. had to tune my old 1972 "strat" hadn't used my guitar since early 1980. We also played together with this english band "Overtures", very good cover band.
My Audya are the same, still waiting to get it fixed. I gave it up at christmas time, and bought the PA3X 61, and have no regrets at all. Yes the Audya sounds good, but the Korg is awesome and I just love it, so I don't quite agree with Jim. It took me months to set it up to my liking, out of the box it was not what I wanted. You can get this KB to sound whatever you want. I will call monday again hopefully to find a solution for the Audya, as soon as it is OK it will be up for sale.
skude

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online