SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345446 - 06/06/12 02:16 PM Arranger app for iPad?
WDMcM
Unregistered

Does one exist? I have one called EasyBand Studio for my Android tablet that is very nice, but really want a similar app for my iPad 2.

I have found several apps for iPad at the app store that initially read like they are auto-arranger programs, but they are not. I can't believe that no one has created a program like Band in a Box or One Man Band for the iPad.

If I'm wrong about this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

#345452 - 06/06/12 02:53 PM Re: Arranger app for iPad? [Re: ]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave, one problem I see with the iPad and other tablets....storage is just too small...My newest Band in the Box, needed more than 60 gb space to install...They would need a lot of cutting down to size to run an app on a 16 or 32 gb flash drive...

When I bought a tablet..I went the direction of Android with a 250 gb drive...at least the storage size was answered...

#345472 - 06/06/12 06:46 PM Re: Arranger app for iPad? [Re: ]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Fran,

I think the huge file size of the more recent versions of Band in a Box is due to all of the Real Tracks (I think that is what they call them; the sampled loops of real instrumental accompaniment). But given the fact the apps like Garage Band, Music Studio, and many others can easily record and playback multiple tracks of sequenced and/or audio tracks with no problem I see no reason why an app couldn't be written to provide auto-accompaniment/arranger capabilities. The Easy Band Studio program I mentioned for the Android O/S does a great job for what it is. The sounds aren't at the level of even an entry-level arranger keyboard. But for working out tunes, i.e. trying different chord progressions, styles, tempos, etc. it is just fine.

Thanks for responding,

Dave

#443344 - 12/26/17 08:29 AM Re: Arranger app for iPad? [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

We are 5 years,down the road, and still no contender on the ipad...

Where is this nice app that turns an ipad in an arranger... for your musical needs on the go and in the park.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#443384 - 12/26/17 11:13 PM Re: Arranger app for iPad? [Re: ]
mweuch Offline

I wish Stephen Kay would turn his Karma Software into an iPad arranger app! There's one other app that very close to being an arranger but the problem is you can only use pre-made chords and not very many but maybe 5 or 6 chords. It's called Jam Music Maker.

#443389 - 12/27/17 03:53 AM Re: Arranger app for iPad? [Re: ]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By WDMcM
Hi Fran,

I think the huge file size of the more recent versions of Band in a Box is due to all of the Real Tracks (I think that is what they call them; the sampled loops of real instrumental accompaniment).

Dave

Hi Dave, the real tracks are huge, I can’t even fit them in my laptop, had to buy external storage to run them. Tend to think maybe a midi style version like it used to be, might have half a hope of running on an iPad.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online