SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#344702 - 05/12/12 01:10 PM In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ?
Dnj Offline

Yes I still have it.... grin

Yes I'm loving it..... headphone

Yes It sounds so "LIVE" it ain't funny..... keys

Yes I'm glad I switched back to KORG again.... wink

Yes I love the keyfeel & songbook.... singer

Yes the Musikant styles are a big plus & sound great.... cool2

Yes you have to REALLY Dig into the OS and make it YOUR OWN if you don't know how to do that buy a Yamaha.. confused

Edited by Dnj (05/12/12 01:19 PM)

#344703 - 05/12/12 02:24 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

Pa500 is a great instrument,especially for the money you pay.I used to have pa800 and loved it.Small,light,sounds great.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#344716 - 05/13/12 10:56 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Yes you have to REALLY Dig into the OS and make it YOUR OWN if you don't know how to do that buy a Yamaha.. confused

Hmmmm, many thanks for your friendly advice. rolleyes
I honesty really don't know how to do it, so I have to forget about Korg and buy something else. shocked
Never had any PA, and now I understand that I never will.... since I cannot dig into something I don't know anything about. frown

Life ain't easy. cry
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#344738 - 05/14/12 10:17 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

Hmmmm, many thanks for your friendly advice. rolleyes
I honesty really don't know how to do it, so I have to forget about Korg and buy something else. shocked
Never had any PA, and now I understand that I never will.... since I cannot dig into something I don't know anything about. frown

Life ain't easy. cry

A definate cas of Korg love, which means that after the PA500 there might be a PA3X.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#344764 - 05/14/12 11:07 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Could of had a PA3x no need for it to many useless features for my needs.....

#344779 - 05/15/12 09:51 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Like 15 useless keys on the 76 version, right?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#344792 - 05/15/12 01:45 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Like 15 useless keys on the 76 version, right?

For me I would have to say yes 61 is fine...I only use what I need to perform...same goes for the CS...I would never use it.

#344795 - 05/15/12 03:32 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OH NO - NOT AGAIN! NOT ANOTHER 76-KEY DEBACLE!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#344816 - 05/16/12 07:14 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Yes I still have it.... grin

Yes I'm loving it..... headphone

Yes It sounds so "LIVE" it ain't funny..... keys

Yes I'm glad I switched back to KORG again.... wink

Yes I love the keyfeel & songbook.... singer

Yes the Musikant styles are a big plus & sound great.... cool2

Interesting and true observation. You have to really dig into most keyboards to make them your own and get the most out of it. My newest addition is a Roland VR700 for band work and out of the box I didn't like it all that much but after tweaking it I'm really starting to appreciate it. It has a very easy interface as its meant to be a gig friendly keyboard and not a workstation or whatever. Note I said tweaking and not full blown re-programming.
My question is where do you learn how to "REALLY dig in to the more sophisticated boards" There are parts of my G1000 I still don't understand and you know about the owners manuels -forgedaboutit. I've asked in music stores, advertised on Craigslist, and asked some personally, offering to pay for programming lessons to no avail. What manufactures need to do is provide more resources such as DVD's to learn the finer points and how to get into all the things they put in these keyboards. I think more info would boost sales considerably as people would realize what they could do besides hit the presets. They provide little info other than mostly poorly written manuels which I find very boring. I'm a hands on, see and do kind of learner. Buy a MAC computer and they offer 50 hours of free lessons. How about the big three keyboard makers follow Apples lead?

Sorry for the soapbox but the real question is how did you really get into your new board after changing platforms?

Thanks
Bill in NJ

#344817 - 05/16/12 07:55 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Very well put Bill. I could go on a long rant about this too, but I'll just say that I agree 100% with what you said.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online