SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#344819 - 05/16/12 08:43 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: montunoman]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Thanks, its good to know I'm not alone in this quest

Bill in NJ

#344842 - 05/16/12 04:17 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Well, for Korgies, there's these on the Pa3X:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=71633

And a few years ago, a few guys from the Korg Forums produced a three-DVD set explaining the Pa1X in some depth (I think Spalding was involved on that one).

Everything you need to know is in the manuals, though I agree it's a bit of a slog to go from top to bottom on them. Half the questions you see on forums could probably be answered if people bothered to read through the manual, but most don't unfortunately.

Nothing wrong with the 'press the button and see' method, but a read through even the 'quick start' part of the manual will save at least a bit of frustration.

Oh, forgot to mention a video tutorial for the Pa800, also:

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/tutorials.html

Edited by 124 (05/16/12 04:24 PM)

#344866 - 05/17/12 07:25 AM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: 124]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Thanks. I know I'm lazy in some ways so I'll just have to focus on the manuel.
I would love some DVD's though. But it seems Dons post hinted at deeper things than most manuels provide.

Same thing when I started to learn Piano Tuning. Called the local PT Guild for help and they told me to buy a book ! Now I get emails wanting me to attend their conventions--yea right! I couldn't find anyone to teach me and I looked for a long time. Finally I hired one guy who I knew from the organ business to tune my piano and let me watch. He was very patient and didn't charge me extra. That one session moved me miles ahead. All I can say is I don't think he was afraid of competition in the business because his main focus was on rebuilding theatre organs. He also gave me a very old VHS tape on tuning and it also helped a 100 times more than the book.
I was a teacher for 35 years and I know that explaining something to a bunch of 8th graders lasts about 2 minutes before the eyes glaze over so you have to get them involved and create an interaction. Worse is telling them to read it in a book!! I guess I'm the same way.

Bill in NJ

#344946 - 05/19/12 04:21 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Hi Bill,

Having been a teacher, you'll know that people learn in different ways. I like Will Rogers' take on this and I guess most arranger players fall into the third category.

He said, "There are three kinds of men:

1. The ones that learn by reading.
2. The few who learn by observation.
3. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.

#344952 - 05/19/12 11:09 PM Re: In case anyone is still wondering....Pa 500... ? [Re: 124]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi,
wouldn't it be great if they released these type of video's before they released the keyboards themselves.
I remember when I went in to buy my PA800, the salesman didn't have a clue. Knew how to turn it on , that was about it.
I asked him for a copy of the manual, & I managed to figure out what I wanted to know.

Originally Posted By: 124
Well, for Korgies, there's these on the Pa3X:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=71633

And a few years ago, a few guys from the Korg Forums produced a three-DVD set explaining the Pa1X in some depth (I think Spalding was involved on that one).

Everything you need to know is in the manuals, though I agree it's a bit of a slog to go from top to bottom on them. Half the questions you see on forums could probably be answered if people bothered to read through the manual, but most don't unfortunately.

Nothing wrong with the 'press the button and see' method, but a read through even the 'quick start' part of the manual will save at least a bit of frustration.

Oh, forgot to mention a video tutorial for the Pa800, also:

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/tutorials.html

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online