SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#344525 - 05/08/12 02:57 PM Selling my Korg Micro Arranger
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Anyone want it? $350. Perfect condition.
Ever since I bought the Pa500, I've hardly touched the KMA.

Contact me.
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#344533 - 05/08/12 08:57 PM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Tim:

You have mail in the form of a PM re: Your KMA

Dave Rice

www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

Edited by Riceroni9 (05/08/12 08:58 PM)

#344537 - 05/09/12 06:16 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: Riceroni9]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Mornin' Tim:

Thanks for the info. I'll be talking to the "Minister of Finance" later today. Funny, it's okay for her to buy a new sewing machine with 500 bells and whistles... but let me ask for funds to "have fun with"... and suddenly, we have gone into bankruptcy mode... LOL!

Regards,

Dave Rice

#344539 - 05/09/12 06:49 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tim,
will all the KMA styles and performances play on the PA500?
Deane

#344543 - 05/09/12 08:21 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: hammer]
CoasterTim Offline

Deane,

I have not attempted to do that, but I would assume they would play.
Styles from a lower model usually play OK on a higher model.

#344544 - 05/09/12 08:26 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: Riceroni9]
CoasterTim Offline

Dave,

I guess she figures she can save lots of dough by making all those glorious one-of-a-kind shirts and ties and what-nots on that $1,000 sewing machine. Think of all the possibilities! crazy

#344547 - 05/09/12 09:17 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
Bachus Offline

I suppose many more KMA's will be for sale when the novelty wears off.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#344574 - 05/10/12 03:17 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: hammer
Tim,
will all the KMA styles and performances play on the PA500?
Deane

Basically yes, though for some odd reason the original PA50 (= Micro) stuff plays better on the the PA50 than on the PA500 where some tweaking is desirable. But they all load without any problems, rest assured.

I suppose many more KMA's will be for sale when the novelty wears off.

Bachus

Put it this way Bachus , and as some folks like Ian remarked months ago, it has been a terrific smart ploy by Korg. In my experience all of those who ventured out on the Micro have either retained it ( Bennie and many more not represented here on the SZ forum) or have moved on to a higher echelon of the Korg trade. (Donny: PA500, CoasterTim : PA500 , DonM : PA3X ) with several waiting in the wings.
I still have got mine though strictly speaking I do not use it a lot having the PA800 as well and the yammie PSR-s900. I still think it is incredible bang for the buck and besides where are any other novelties. The very reason that it is rather quiet on the forum is the fact that there have been no great new keyboards and also the fact that , thank God for that, we have abandonned the 'mine is better than yours ' discussions.
I for one have never ever been so pleased as with my current set up.....

regards,
John

#344576 - 05/10/12 03:50 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
I am have not long been a PA50sd owner and can say I am happy with it. Plenty of Third Party Styles avaialable am still finding my way round it. And it definatly goes down well in the Nursing Homes That I play in. And it even pairs well with my old Solton MS60.

#344580 - 05/10/12 05:24 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: MusicalMemories]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417

Bachus your post; “I suppose many more KMA's will be for sale when the novelty wears off”. Is a negative, there is another side. The KMA is far more than a novelty to many players. The KMA has introduced many keyboard players to the world of Korg; it also has brought some players back to Korg. The interest in the Pa50 and Pa3x are examples.

I never considered the KMA as a substitute for a flag ship keyboard, but it did fill some other needs. Bernie has added the KMA to his Kn7000, fantastic; great Big Band and a touch of contemporary. If I did not sell my Kn7000 I would be doing the same; for me it would have been an answer. I may sell mine eventually because I have a Pa800 but the KMA has brought much to me including building a special case/holder for a laptop/and a stand combo; transporting just be even easier. There are many ways to enjoy a new keyboard.
A novelty ???

John C.

#344585 - 05/10/12 06:08 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
It does seem the Micro attracted more users to the Korg, but IMO, It would not make much sense to have both the micro and any other higher end Korg...other than it's lighter and easier to haul.

John.
Quote:
Basically yes, though for some odd reason the original PA50 (= Micro) stuff plays better on the the PA50 than on the PA500
Sorry, I'm Confused confused

#344590 - 05/10/12 08:01 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
Dnj Offline

KMA is a great intro to Korg....and in some instances KMA makes a kool backup piece IMO......people are realizing how KORG really addresses the needs of the live KB musician....I have no regrets on switching to a KORG PA500 from Yamaha..... I'm hooked on the "LIVE" sound Korg offers me and can NEVER go back now.....unless things changes in the future....we'll see.

#344593 - 05/10/12 08:15 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Lahawk you are right about making sense of owning both keyboards. I bought because of the weight and size – and to have a new inexpensive TOY. (Smile)

Working with the KMA has brought me a better understanding of my Pa800. Another benefit of buying the KMA is meeting John Smies who was and is a great help.

John C.

#344599 - 05/10/12 08:44 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123

Bachus your post; “I suppose many more KMA's will be for sale when the novelty wears off”. Is a negative, there is another side. The KMA is far more than a novelty to many players. The KMA has introduced many keyboard players to the world of Korg; it also has brought some players back to Korg. The interest in the Pa50 and Pa3x are examples.

I never considered the KMA as a substitute for a flag ship keyboard, but it did fill some other needs. Bernie has added the KMA to his Kn7000, fantastic; great Big Band and a touch of contemporary. If I did not sell my Kn7000 I would be doing the same; for me it would have been an answer. I may sell mine eventually because I have a Pa800 but the KMA has brought much to me including building a special case/holder for a laptop/and a stand combo; transporting just be even easier. There are many ways to enjoy a new keyboard.
A novelty ???

John C.

Then we certainly disagree on this.

#344604 - 05/10/12 09:45 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
coffeekev Offline

I absolutely love my micro ARRANGER. I'm one of those people who's being introduced to pro level arrangers by the KMA because I simply can not afford any of the others. Unfortunately, however, I haven't had access to my KMA for 3 weeks now. I posted previously about the joystick on my KMA ceasing to function properly. As I live in the same city as the Sweetwater Empire HQ, I took it back to them and was starting to get the impression that they would have it in their service department until I'm a very old man.

But then I just, minutes ago, got a wonderful phone call. They noticed I had just purchased the KMA before the joystick problem, and told me to stop in at any time and pick up a new KMA to replace it.

So now I know what I'm doing on my lunch hour! I'm curious as to whether the joystick issue was a freak incident or if I'll be taking this new model back in 2 weeks!

#344605 - 05/10/12 09:51 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
Dnj Offline

Kevin welcome to the SZ

#344618 - 05/10/12 11:45 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: lahawk]
john smies Offline

John.
Quote:
Basically yes, though for some odd reason the original PA50 (= Micro) stuff plays better on the the PA50 than on the PA500
Sorry, I'm Confused confused [/quote]

Hi Larry,
You may well be. I played the PA50 for five years, went without keyboards for four and then got back on track first with the PA500, and now the PA800. Of course I added the Micro mainly because I could get it at a very special price and to help folks sort things out with the Micro and my musical resources for the Micro.
The thing is that all PA50/Micro stuff loads into the PA500 as well as into the PA800 but for some reason or other does not always sound as good as coming straight from the PA50. It might have something to do with the drumkits which are different on the newer series ( and probably better). But the data CD with the PA800 for examples allows you to install (RAM memory) a number of drumsets that were on the PA50. I guess that was not done just for fun ?
Anyway they are all great keyboards and creative tools. And for the record, I am almost just as happy with my secondhand Yammie PSR900 as with my Korgs. (though the yammie's keybed is crap).

And as to Bachus' comment, it was not my intention to get another thing going here. Fair comment to see that we differ in opinion on this.

I was telling someone in Toronto only today that the way to go is to try and have both a Korg and a Yamaha in whichever price range you can afford or/and is appropriate for you. That in my view is the long and short of it.

musical greetings,
John

#344628 - 05/10/12 01:55 PM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
John S
Seems like you're happy with a KMA/Midsize Yamaha S900 combo
and still way cheaper than a T-4 or a PAx3.

John C
The KN-7000 and KMA combo also sounds like a nice pairing, I loved the KN-7000 and it's OS, although I wasn't crazy about the sunken keybed.

Anyway. kudos to the KMA for at least keeping Arrangers in a spotlight.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#344630 - 05/10/12 02:09 PM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: CoasterTim]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I for one will be keeping my little KMA. I have been gigging with it now as a stand-a-lone keyboard for about 5 weeks and along with my audiences I just love it.
I have not used my Tyros 4 for over a month. I might buy a PA500 to go along with the Roland BK-5 I have on order. I have just about come to the conclusion having several mid-range arrangers is more fun than one of the big guys.

Deane

#344631 - 05/10/12 02:14 PM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Well, I for one will be keeping my little KMA. I have been gigging with it now as a stand-a-lone keyboard for about 5 weeks and along with my audiences I just love it.
I have not used my Tyros 4 for over a month. I might buy a PA500 to go along with the Roland BK-5 I have on order. I have just about come to the conclusion having several mid-range arrangers is more fun than one of the big guys.

Deane

glad your enjoying the KMA Deanne........why buy more if the KMA does the job so well for you........sell the rest and take a vacation with teh family! dancers

#344654 - 05/11/12 12:58 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Well, I for one will be keeping my little KMA. I have I have just about come to the conclusion having several mid-range arrangers is more fun than one of the big guys.

Deane

My exact feelings for ages Deane. Korg Micro, PA50sd,PA500, PA800 and Yamahas PSR3000,700,710,900,910 or used tyros 2, ( often secondhand as well) just pick your choice here and there is a superb Korg/Yamaha combination for every purse string and you will be laughing all the way.............

P.S. Larry, I do own the PA800 as well. So my perfect set up (within my budget) is the PA800 combined with the PSR-S900...

regards,
John

#344656 - 05/11/12 04:12 AM Re: Selling my Korg Micro Arranger [Re: john smies]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies
Well, I for one will be keeping my little KMA. I have I have just about come to the conclusion having several mid-range arrangers is more fun than one of the big guys.

Deane

My exact feelings for ages Deane. Korg Micro, PA50sd,PA500, PA800 and Yamahas PSR3000,700,710,900,910 or used tyros 2, ( often secondhand as well) just pick your choice here and there is a superb Korg/Yamaha combination for every purse string and you will be laughing all the way.............

P.S. Larry, I do own the PA800 as well. So my perfect set up (within my budget) is the PA800 combined with the PSR-S900...

regards,
John

Why use 2 arrangers, i'd personally go for a setup of an arranger combined with a workstation or even better a solo synth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online