SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#344245 - 04/30/12 10:10 PM the Korg Musikant dance styles
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I was going to tag a reply onto John's post (John Smies), but this is really important to me so I started a new one.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...ound_sam#UNREAD
http://www.mister-music.de/MISTER_MUSIC_2011/videos.html
(Technics KN6000/7000 sound samples for KORG PA)

I've been procrastinating on buying a PA3x because I'm not too crazy about the styles. But John pointed out this site that gave a great demonstration of the talents and versatility....and Musikant DANCE STYLES....of the PA3x. I like those dance patterns! Probably enough to persuade me to make the purchase. Also the demonstrations really covered a lot of ground. These videos really give a great showing of the many things this keyboard can do.

Now the problem is this. Can I get those Musikant styles somehow? I don't think this is real difficult, but I can't seem to make any headway getting information. I called Korg and all I got was they "know nothing about the European version." I requested info from a few musicians online, but they couldn't help either.

So....can anyone tell me how to get these Musikant styles if I buy the keyboard? And......as John pointed out....anyone else offering other optional sounds and dance styles other than what comes with the Musikant?

#344246 - 05/01/12 01:28 AM Re: the Korg Musikant dance styles [Re: Mark79100]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
This will work with the PA3X

CLICK HERE!

they also have the hard drive with the styles in it

CLICK HERE

KORG PA3X Musikant keyboard is here
CLICK HERE

Edited by vangelis (05/01/12 01:36 AM)

#344355 - 05/02/12 10:56 PM Re: the Korg Musikant dance styles [Re: vangelis]
Mark79100 Offline

Vangelis,

Thank you for your information here and taking the time to research it.

I'm not sure if that Korg Musikant USB Stick für Pa800 und Pa2Xpro will work in the American keyboard?

This is getting very confusing. I don't get great answers from Korg here in America. They don't seem to care about anything but "Korg USA!"

I spent a couple of hours on the Internet last night exploring this. It takes that long because all the sites were in German and I had to go to Google to translate each one.

So........I read somewhere that the German Musikant dance styles will only work in the keyboards sold in that area. That the dance styles on each keyboard are "localized" for that geographical area. That there is a code that enables the keyboard to accept the styles that are on the USB drive.

I called KorgUS. They said the same thing.

But.........I don't believe anything I hear or read from one or two people only.

I also read the the "update" in June 2012 will allow ALL PA3x keyboards to "accept" styles from PA3x's worldwide, and that it will introduce a whole new bank of dance styles.

If there's anything else you or ANYONE can add to this topic, I would appreciate it.

#344369 - 05/03/12 04:37 AM Re: the Korg Musikant dance styles [Re: Mark79100]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100

If there's anything else you or ANYONE can add to this topic, I would appreciate it.

You may want to check with Frankieve at Audioworks, very knowledgeable, if he doesn't know the answer, I gotta believe he has the connections that would have an answer.

Also Rikki is great with Korg arrangers, it's possible she may be able to help.

#344370 - 05/03/12 04:43 AM Re: the Korg Musikant dance styles [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
if I remember correctly, the Musikant USB stick originally came out for PA800 & it included sounds as well as the styles?
Whether or not it will run on a PA3X, wouldn't have a clue, they don't seem to give a lot of detail.
I did email them, be intersting to see if they get back to me.

Vangelis, are you sure the hard drive is actually for use with the USA version of the PA3X or is it for the European version of the keyboard ?? ( my German's not the best & translations are sometimes a bit dodgy).

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#344390 - 05/03/12 11:52 AM Re: the Korg Musikant dance styles [Re: Mark79100]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Well, as far as KORG USA, they would not not know anything about a product that is KORG Germany, although KORG USA whenever I email them I get a very quick response, even recently about a month ago i got answers to many of my questions, now as far as compatibility it should be 100%, the KORG PA800 and the PA2X are made in Italy and it doesn't matter whether you buy it in Germany or the US, the only thing is that you can buy the KORG PA3X Musikant from Germany that is the only thing proprietary, about the hard drive I have no clue although logically you should be able to install it in any PA3X, which I guess is made for a non-musikant PA3X You can email Music Store export@musicstore.de and ask them, they will be more then happy to answer any of your questions.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by vangelis (05/03/12 11:55 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online