SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34418 - 11/11/09 06:46 AM Audya Rotor
skude Offline

Is it possible to change the settings for the Rotor? (horn/rotor ratio, balance etc.)
skude

#34419 - 11/11/09 10:58 AM Re: Audya Rotor
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Is it possible to change the settings for the Rotor? (horn/rotor ratio, balance etc.)
skude

Skude,

What do you want to do with it, it will go fast or slow, what else is there?
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34420 - 11/12/09 01:32 AM Re: Audya Rotor
skude Offline

Hi Tony!Good to see you're still here.
There is a lot, I would think you know very well the Leslie 760, that's the sound I want. Know I'll never get it in any KB, but at least I can try to get closer. Check your PA2X "rotary speaker" for different settings, even beeing able to do all those changes, still sounds like electronic crap to me (not saying Audya is any better) Since I have used the "real thing" I guess I'll never be happy with anything else. The Morphing between "hamm slow-hamm fast" on the Audya makes a quite good rotary effect. The Rotor on the Audya drawbars reminds me too much about my Viscount organ back in the 70's.
The rotor's "slow" not too bad, but "fast" . Also the ratio and time from slow to fast is important (to me), and also the balance between Horn and Rotor. BTW. did you sell your Audya, if not, may be you should wait for OS 4.0. I'm waiting for the big Xmas suprise.
skude

#34421 - 11/12/09 11:13 PM Re: Audya Rotor
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi Tony!Good to see you're still here.
There is a lot, I would think you know very well the Leslie 760, that's the sound I want. Know I'll never get it in any KB, but at least I can try to get closer. Check your PA2X "rotary speaker" for different settings, even beeing able to do all those changes, still sounds like electronic crap to me (not saying Audya is any better) Since I have used the "real thing" I guess I'll never be happy with anything else. The Morphing between "hamm slow-hamm fast" on the Audya makes a quite good rotary effect. The Rotor on the Audya drawbars reminds me too much about my Viscount organ back in the 70's.
The rotor's "slow" not too bad, but "fast" . Also the ratio and time from slow to fast is important (to me), and also the balance between Horn and Rotor. BTW. did you sell your Audya, if not, may be you should wait for OS 4.0. I'm waiting for the big Xmas suprise.
skude

Skude thanks for that I will have a look , my ears are going, yes still got the Audya and i am waiting for God and the OS4.0 not certain which will come first perhaps God and the Grim Reaper
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34422 - 11/13/09 02:15 AM Re: Audya Rotor
skude Offline

Hi Tony!
You'll never know who's gonna be the first one to arrive, sure hope it's OS 4.0.
My Rotor question should be really easy to answer for any that knows the Audya. Guess not too many Audya owners on this forum, Was hoping AJ could give me a yes or no. If the answer is NO to my question, that could save me a lot of time trying to find how to do this. Going into Menu - DSP - Rotor - Slow or Fast, I can't find any edit function, looks rather funny this beeing an "advanced music station" I must overlook something here. If not, who knows, may be in OS 4.0
skude

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online