SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#343913 - 04/22/12 06:56 AM SD Cards
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
SDHC cards are becoming increasingly popular in shops and stores as the latest memory chip BUT they do NOT work in the KN7000 and therefore NOT in the KN2600 either. Make sure you stock up on the ordinary SD cards before they are no longer stocked and sold.

Edited by RMepstead (04/22/12 06:56 AM)

#343915 - 04/22/12 07:43 AM Re: SD Cards [Re: RMepstead]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Good information... Is the HC an indication of what the card can
be used for?

Most of my SD cards are SanDisk brand....How about listing those that DO work in the 7K and the KN2600?

When some of my SD's have been stored for awhile, with programs on them, the programs are useless when I put them in the machine again.... They are stored either in a plastic case or a leather
case with several pockets to hold the cards....

Since I "tweak" my programs nearly everytime I use them, I find that I rarely go to another SD....Probably have enough to last till either my two 7K's are gone.....or I am!

#343941 - 04/22/12 04:34 PM Re: SD Cards [Re: RMepstead]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Elizabeth,

My understanding of the HC is 'High Capacity' designed for use with the modern digital and mobile phone cameras.

I also mostly use Sandisk SD Cards and when these SDHC cards first came out, whilst it did show it on the label of the actual card, it wasn't on the packaging, so of course I didn't find out it wouldn't work with the KN7 until I'd opened the package. However, I was so incensed about it I immediately took it back to the shop complete with the open packaging and complained about this fact. (in England, some retailers will refuse to take any 'software' back if the packaging has been opened) However, the assistant completely agreed with me and gave me an instant refund. He also said he would inform Sandisk about this lack of information on the cover of the packaging. I'm not saying I had anything to do with the re-think, but now, all of the SD Cards show whether they are SDHC or just plain SD - and that's the secret, make sure it only has 'SD' and not SDHC printed on it.

I was also upset to be told that the SDHC cards cannot be used with my digital Canon Camera bought in 2003 as "it is too old" would you believe. It was then suggested I buy a new one. I wont repeat my answer, but not doubt you can guess......?

Hope you're keeping well.

Audrey

#343943 - 04/22/12 05:03 PM Re: SD Cards [Re: RMepstead]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Hi Audrey.....

Thanks for your experiencial explanation on the SD cards! The more we share the better for all of us!

Being told your 2003 Canon Camera is "too old"....sounds like
another case of "built in obsolecense"... So much stuff in the
market place available from all over the planet.... People are
being manipulated!!!

Yes, I am keeping well....hope you are as also! Our Spring is turning quickly into another very hot summer! Weather
is changing everywhere!

Keep on playing music!

Elizabeth

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online