SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34369 - 10/15/09 10:01 AM Windows 7 USB problem
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Does anyone tested Windows & and Ketron USB conection?
I've conected Midjay and Windows 7 couldn't find a proper USB Midi driver...so no Midi conection via USB.
Any suggestions?
Thanks...
Vio

#34370 - 10/15/09 10:35 AM Re: Windows 7 USB problem
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Vio
A Vista driver usually works.

#34371 - 10/17/09 10:06 AM Re: Windows 7 USB problem
viocaia Offline

Thanks...but Midjay is generic USB driver, comes with windows.There is no problem when I connect Midjay to Windows Vista, it's poping up, install automatic and there is perfect Midi comunication.
In Windows 7, when I connect Midjay , the installation menu comes up, but suddenly another add is coming saying "problems with installing, no proper driver...| something like that!
So as long as Ketron is not working a USB driver for Midjay and very possible another devices I can't find any solving.So. it's looking like stucked with Xp..well it's not bad..but W7 is a little faster..
Thanks anyway..
I'm open for sugestions...
Vio

#34372 - 10/20/09 02:46 PM Re: Windows 7 USB problem
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Perhaps it will be added in a future update for Win7 after more complaints come in.

Class Compliant USB usage is surely a top priority for all kinds of users.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#34373 - 10/21/09 12:20 AM Re: Windows 7 USB problem
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Vio
The Public version of Win 7 is not released until 22nd of this month so make sure you let Windows check online for a suitable driver, as more will have been incorporated since the release of RC1.
If this fails, install manually and try one of the generic USB drivers that are within Win 7.
Hope this helps

Bill

#34374 - 10/21/09 02:57 PM Re: Windows 7 USB problem
viocaia Offline

Yes!
I'll do that after a "real" Windows comes ...
I like the way it "movers" so for sure will be a favorit between musicians!
Thanks everybody...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online