SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#343511 - 04/11/12 07:22 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Deane,

I'll give you a call in the morning and see if I can walk you through the recording process over the telephone. It's not difficult, just a few things make a huge difference.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343515 - 04/11/12 08:27 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: travlin'easy]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Deane,
Thanks for taking the time to put it up on Box.net. smile
I enjoyed your recordings. smile
Eric

#343516 - 04/11/12 09:41 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Why use these web sites that require you to join when you can attach them to postings here at Synth Zone and they will stay here for ever. You can attach any MP3 up to 6MB. Just use the File Manager link when you post to attach them.

#343517 - 04/11/12 10:01 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Just when we finally have people posting & sharing their work...
It's posts like this that make people NOT POST THEIR SONGS !

I agree with you 100% Donny. I am guessing some people just don't know that live mic recordings are all about the performance and not about recording quality. They probably just don't perform and record much live to understand the limitations. Anyone can produce a clean recording at home in a controlled environment. But I can listen to manufacturer demos for that. I am more interested intruments being used in a live performance.

Deane has done a great job of letting us hear the KMA being used on a live gig. Bring on more of it.

#343519 - 04/11/12 11:29 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: Nigel]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Deane,

I am glad you did not take offence to my remarks because you know full well none were intended. I only expressed my honest views on the matter.
I am looking forward to hearing your stuff with quality recording, simply line in line out will be amply sufficient to show us your proficiency and the qualities of this little gem.

best of luck,
John

#343520 - 04/11/12 11:41 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: john smies]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Yes John, if there aren't any vocals a direct line out would work well.

#343521 - 04/12/12 05:27 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Deanne you got mail wink

#343524 - 04/12/12 05:45 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have used the Zoom H2 with my Tyros 4 several times and used the line in from my T4 headphone output and it worked great. The Korg KMA headphone output level is a lot hotter than the T4's and it seems to overwhelm the H2 and all I get is horribly distorted recordings. I am experimenting with various recording levels on the H2 and will post my findings when I finally get a solution. I think others here also use the H2.

The Korg KMA has a lot more power output than does my T4. I run my Bose speakers a lot lower for the same sound output when using the KMA.

John, no offense taken.
Donny, got your email - thanks.

Deane

#343525 - 04/12/12 07:07 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Deane,

Why would you want to use the headphone out of the Korg , it has a full stereo LINE OUT next to the headphone out. You should not have any distortion connecting this line out to your line in on the Zoom. You can then trim the recording volume probably in two ways, first with the volume sliders of the Korg ( cause I seem to recall they respond to the line out as well ) and of course with the recording level on the Zoom recorder.

regards,
John

#343528 - 04/12/12 07:37 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John,

The line out shouldn't change with the volume adjustment--it should remain constant. The headphone out, at least with most keyboards, is directly effected by the main volume control. There is an input adjustment on the Zoom-H2 for both the mic and the Line-In.

When vocals come into play, the only option using the KMA, unless the vocals were fed through the keyboard's auxiliary input, would be to use the Bose L1 Compact's Line-Out, which is pretty hot, and adjust the H2's input down to about 50 percent. This would prevent clipping and distortion during the recording, while at the same time still provide a recording identical to what the audience is hearing, and without audience background noises. The H2's mics are somewhat omni-directional and relatively long ranged, therefore, they'll pick up just about every noise in the room.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online