SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#343378 - 04/09/12 01:30 PM My first KMA gig
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I did my first gig yesterday with my KMA. It was a Easter party at a home. I was happy that I was able to fit all my gear in the trunk of our Toyota Corolla which left plenty of room for my wife, daughter and niece in the car. At the party I started with some bossa nova instrumentals. I do prefer my Tyros 2 for this type of stuff but I made due just fine. After the first set my wife joined me and we got right into the upbeat Latin stuff- cumbia, salsa, reggaeton, Tejano, norteņo, and a few modern dance hits. The KMA sounds much better than my Tyros in theses areas. It really becomes apparent when you're actually out playing a gig if a keyboard will work for you. Until I can afford an Audya or Korg PX3 I'll be doing all Latin gigs with my KMA.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#343381 - 04/09/12 02:13 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Montunoman,
I used my KMA today on a gig too. It is a surprising little keyboard. I use both my Bose L1 Compacts with it and the sound is amazing. I have been trying to record my gigs live but have not had a lot of success yet. I think today I got a few tunes to post for the group. This is the 5th gig I have played with the KMA and so far all my audiences have liked it.

Deane

#343386 - 04/09/12 03:34 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I use 2 L1 Compacts too. Great sound!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#343387 - 04/09/12 03:53 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Montunoman,
It sounds like you are using a lot of Latin Styles. I just purchased Manuel Dorantes's Mexico/Latin styles for the Korg Microarranger and they are outstanding. He sells them on EBAY or you can contact by looking up his profile here on the synthzone.
(Retired 2021)

#343390 - 04/09/12 04:17 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Manuel Dorantes has put together some fantastic style files over the years and I highly recommend them to everyone who wants to put some zest in their Latin performances.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343391 - 04/09/12 04:21 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi montunoman

So, are the KMA latin styles that good??!! I had a PA2X and the latin styles were whorse than the Tyros2 (that I also had)
Does the styles in KMA have the simple end (END1) as the Tyros2 styles? I just ask because I never use the elaborate intros and endings, I just prefer the long chord (think "fermata") finale or I do my break end with sync stop engaged.
Where can I hear the KMA latin styles?

Thanks!!

#343393 - 04/09/12 05:46 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: Jose Pereira]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Does the KMA have a mic input?

#343394 - 04/09/12 05:52 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
George Kaye Offline

No it doesn't have a mic input but it does has n aux input which you can plug a small mic mixer into and then be able to use it with a mic.
(Retired 2021)

#343395 - 04/09/12 05:54 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: btweengigs]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
No, the KMA does not have mic input but it has 1/8" stereo line input which you can monitor thru the built-in speakers.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#343396 - 04/09/12 06:00 PM Re: My first KMA gig [Re: montunoman]
George Kaye Offline

the kma has two endings. "1" is the more complex and "2" the simple one. Also, when you use #1 for intro and ending you are using Korg's chord progression and when you use #2 you can play your own chord intros and endings.
I just tried out Manuel's endings and #1 will have more measures and #2 is always simpler with less measures.
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online