SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#343348 - 04/08/12 01:46 PM Tyros 4 Music Finder Library
DonYoung Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA 17101
Can anyone tell me why the Tyros 3 comes preloaded with 1,850 records in the music finder library and the Tyros 4 only has 135. Just don't why the difference. Appreciate your input. Thanks...Don

#343614 - 04/14/12 02:08 AM Re: Tyros 4 Music Finder Library [Re: DonYoung]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
bump

#343622 - 04/14/12 06:23 AM Re: Tyros 4 Music Finder Library [Re: DonYoung]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Don

Found this link that should help http://services.music.yamaha.com/musicfinder?instrument=Tyros4

Bill

#343624 - 04/14/12 06:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 Music Finder Library [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I believe the reason for the limited number of onboard MFD selections was first and foremost predicated upon previous copyright issues, though I could be dead wrong about this. If you recall, the old MFD titles were all cryptic, thus skirting copyright laws.

Not many people actually Yamaha's MFD, many of which never take the time to explore its possibilities. Those of us that do use it consider the MFD a valuable tool, especially for live performances. The T4 MFD can access user files from the USB or HD, which adds to the versatility of the feature. Records are very easy to edit, and essentially, the MFD is nothing more than a miniature version of a registration. In my case, I created my own, custom MFDs, some of which have more than 600 songs. I use it in conjunction with registrations, thereby cutting dead time between songs down to a second or two at most.

Have fun with that T4--it's an incredible machine,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#343628 - 04/14/12 08:50 AM Re: Tyros 4 Music Finder Library [Re: DonYoung]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Don,

You may be interested in Joe Walter's Music Finder Library at PSR Tutorial
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=13927.0

(Not sure if you need to be a member of PSR Tutorial to download files, but it's free to join)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#343650 - 04/14/12 07:12 PM Re: Tyros 4 Music Finder Library [Re: lahawk]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think the reason Yamaha is limiting the number of MF files on the 910 and Tyros 4 is now you don't need any specail in between gadget like earlier to do the internet direct thing besides a standard usb cable. Which makes it easier for anyone to go there and buy their styles and midis etc. It's all about sales I believe. IMHO

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online