SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#342015 - 03/14/12 11:43 AM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: Stephenm52]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Worry? Frans, you should know by now I'm not a worrier. Definitely a wasted emotion.
Ian

This has nothing to do with keyboards, but I once saw a sign on a marquis that read, "Worrying is paying interest on a debt that may never come due." Ian your right on with your comment.

Steve, I like that saying.

I feel fortunate that I can sit at my arranger, pick a style, and then get "lost" in the music...probably as close to living in "the now" as one can get.

That's why an arranger will always be my main axe.

And YOU have two of the best...I am glad for you!

Ian

#342016 - 03/14/12 12:05 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: john smies]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: john smies

maybe its a nice Special Edition black metal T4........

I've seen advert for a BLACK jubilee model of T4 at a dealer in Norway a week or so ago, but the advert in webshop is now gone, maybe cause it was too early to start?

Cheers
GJ

#342017 - 03/14/12 12:10 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: hammer]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'm pretty sure what will be released is information on the upcoming PSRS950 which I was told should be out before the Summer NAMM show. I don't think you will see any new Tyros products until the next Generation will be released. I suspect from talks with designers from Yamaha that we might see some major changes in the operating system of the next release of Tyros.
(Retired 2021)

#342018 - 03/14/12 12:10 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By: john smies

maybe its a nice Special Edition black metal T4........

I've seen advert for a BLACK jubilee model of T4 at a dealer in Norway a week or so ago, but the advert in webshop is now gone, maybe cause it was too early to start?

Cheers
GJ

Now you spoiled the surprise....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#342020 - 03/14/12 12:45 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: George Kaye
I'm pretty sure what will be released is information on the upcoming PSRS950 which I was told should be out before the Summer NAMM show. I don't think you will see any new Tyros products until the next Generation will be released. I suspect from talks with designers from Yamaha that we might see some major changes in the operating system of the next release of Tyros.

I think you are on the right track, George...probably will be the new PSR.

Ian

#342023 - 03/14/12 01:32 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Get ready to sell your tyros 4 keyboard Korg has them on the ropes lol

#342024 - 03/14/12 01:48 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: hammer]
ianmcnll Offline

I wasn't aware that this was some sort of contest between Korg and Yamaha. surprised

Both companies are winners because they are still making great top end arrangers...choose which one suits your needs.

The "mine is better than yours" stuff is getting really old, and usually the last resort of those who would rather talk about gear brands than discuss actually playing music on an arranger.

Ian

#342026 - 03/14/12 02:05 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

That maybe so Ian but business is business and competition is a GOOD thing to keep all on their toes...I say bring it on !

#342027 - 03/14/12 02:25 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
That maybe so Ian but business is business and competition is a GOOD thing to keep all on their toes...I say bring it on !

I suppose if we were on the board of directors of either of those companies, it would matter a great deal. But, all we are is a bunch of players looking for an instrument that best suits our needs, not a bunch of cheerleaders wearing T-shirts for whatever company seems to be more popular at the moment. wink

What gets me, is why you don't have a PA3X/PA-800 instead of the lower level PA-500?

No DNC voices would be a real deal breaker for me, but, I would use the instrument differently than you, as I play all instrumental...maybe it doesn't make that much difference to you?

If I was going to buy a Korg arranger, I'd surely pick the PA3X.

But, I do agree....competition is a good thing, and we, the users, always benefit from it.

Ian

#342028 - 03/14/12 02:55 PM Re: Yamaha Ready To Make Major Announcment? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I suppose if we were on the board of directors of either of those companies, it would matter a great deal. But, all we are is a bunch of players looking for an instrument that best suits our needs, not a bunch of cheerleaders wearing T-shirts for whatever company seems to be more popular at the moment. wink

What gets me, is why you don't have a PA3X/PA-800 instead of the lower level PA-500?

No DNC voices would be a real deal breaker for me, but, I would use the instrument differently than you, as I play all instrumental...maybe it doesn't make that much difference to you?

If I was going to buy a Korg arranger, I'd surely pick the PA3X.

But, I do agree....competition is a good thing, and we, the users, always benefit from it.

Ian

I wouldn't worry what I'm playing Ian....instead you should be thinking how does this guy make that lower level sound so dam good? confused1 .....DNC voices who needs that? confused1 ...as I always said I'm a Singer that backs himself up with many different things depending on the gig an arranger KB is just one of them..no need for TOTL anything ....because the player makes it sound good not the KB..."let me HEAR what you got" will always be my battle cry cool2 ..... I've owned many TOTL units & wasn't impressed including Tyros units & MOTL Pa800, etc......I tried them on stage and moved on..I have learned my lesson on wasting money on some of these so called TOTL units....new or old arrangers it don't matter to me I will make it sound great for my needs...enjoy what you play....& I'll enjoy what I play simple as that...
I hope that explains it so it doesn't "get to you" anymore....enjoy your day it's 75 degrees here ..... smile

Edited by Dnj (03/14/12 03:02 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online