SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341786 - 03/10/12 11:51 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Mark79100]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Tx once again for a very good link.

Henni

#341847 - 03/11/12 09:34 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi John,

Just discovered to my horror that my yahoo account is no longer active - haven't used it for a while.

If you sent me some stuff, won't you please be so kind as to send to:

hennie.vanrooyen@exxaro.com

instead. Thank you so much once again for your kindness.

Henni

#341851 - 03/12/12 01:02 AM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Henni]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I did discover that on Saturday allready and afterwards sent it twice even to your other email address. You should have it by now. If not you may have to furnish me with yet another email address !

regards,
John

#341891 - 03/12/12 03:53 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: john smies]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Well said John. I believe it was Uncle Dave who said something like he only needed about 12 good styles and about 20 good voices. Some of us would rather spend hours going through mountains of styles and buy the latest and greatest keyboard instead of working on our playing and song list. The exceptions to this are Fran and Boo who still play dinosaurs. I believe Boo still has to pump his with his feet. smile

Tom

Tom

#341896 - 03/12/12 04:57 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Mark,(
definately touch screen ( unless I've been missing something)
Basically you have a button to choose your Style Genre , just say DANCE. Press Dance Button, Up pops the Screen for P1( Page 1), ( there's 8 styles). You have the option of pressing p2,p3 etc on the screen via a tab, or you can keep pressing the Dance Button, to scroll thru the 5 Pages of styles. You do have to pick the individual style via the touch screen. It's a pretty big Icon , would be hard to miss.

Picking Sounds works the same way. You can press button for Piano, keep hitting button to go thru various PIANO pages, & touch the Piano sound you want. ( or you can scroll thru the pages using the touch screen pages Tab.)

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Hi Rikki.......a question.......I'm not that enthusiastic about using a touch screen, it's too "hit and miss." I prefer buttons. On your PA3x, can you navigate through the "sounds" and the "dance patterns" somehow by just using buttons or tabs?

Mark

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341907 - 03/12/12 09:02 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: john smies]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Rikki....I'm going to look at the PA3x again this week. I'll follow what you said before I lose another milimeter of forefinger.

Mark

#341909 - 03/12/12 10:01 PM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Mark79100]
Henni Offline

Hi John,

Thank you for your kindness. I received nothing as yet. I'll make another plan later on.

So sorry for the inconvenience my friend,
Henni

#341916 - 03/13/12 04:31 AM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: Mark79100]
john smies Offline

Thanks Riki for your advice regarding busy styles. I had not looked at it that way. Personally I have no problems with it, besides I have such a vast array of styles , including virtually every Yamaha style converted to Korg that there is always something there to cater for my need. And as I only play at home, and not even that much due to personal circumstances, I feel I have even too much to choose from.

Henni,
I have given it another try this morning, hope you will get it now.

regards,
John

#341920 - 03/13/12 06:54 AM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: john smies]
124 Offline

Agreed, John. It's funny, but I don't 'get' the problem some seem to have with busy, or as I see it, interesting, full, styles. Mind you, I hardly ever play instrumentals, it's pretty well all vocals with me. But my right hand is busy enough with phrases, riffs, etc. as well, to complete the whole sonic picture. Here's the missus and me with my old i30 and an un-twesked style on an old Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell number.
http://www.box.com/shared/yxt9cpt3vg

#341924 - 03/13/12 08:38 AM Re: Keyboards, Styles, Sounds and programming [Re: 124]
john smies Offline

Hello 124,

A bit shaky at the start but getting better as the song progresses. Great song thanks for sharing. The Korg i30 does a very strong backing here in my view. It goes to show that Korg drums were way ahead of their time half way the nineties. Incidentally which style did you use , I would like to hear it in my PA800.

Hearing this song I cannot help but re-locating the live version of my alltime favourite artist : Cliff Richard, duetting with Cilla Black.
For you Americans unfamiliar with the phenomenon Cliff Richard, He has been in the business since 1958 and has sold more records than ANY other artist, dead or alive. In the States he never really made it big time although he had a most memorable hit there in 1976 with Devil Woman.....This recording goes back to 2006 and his live tour. In November he did a minor UK tour with former Soul legends including the Temptations, Percy Sledge, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKTICOohRaU

Sorry for getting carried away and mucking up my own thread, back to keyboards therefor......

kind regards,
John

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online