SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#341639 - 03/08/12 05:34 PM Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
ok, unless you live on another planet, I'm guessing
most of you already know that Apple just announced yesterday (here in San Francisco), their latest newest iPad 3 model.

As a longtime fanboy of the original iPad 1,
I just took the plunge and pre-ordered
the 64 Gb model Apple iPad 3, with WiFi + 4G LTE (Verizon data carrier).

Though I still love & use my iPad 1st gen 'every day' for:

Web browsing, email, Contacts, Calendar
Video & Voice Tel. Calls & IM (Skype)
Media Consumption: streaming TV shows & news, movies, YouTube
Word Processing, Spreadsheets
Graphics & Photo Editing Apps & Display
Music Production & Music Display Apps
Games Galore

Though I passed on the iPad 2, I now decided to take the plunge and upgrade to iPad 3 to gain its awesome new double the HD resolution screen,
as well as Ipad 3's new much improved 5MP camera and the iPad 3's 4G LTE speed, which is already widely available in my area. I realize that the price of admission is
a bit more than other tablet competitors, and that the iPad continues to lack expandable storage mad , and Siri software (included on the iPhone 4S) frown ,
but where Apples RULES is in the quality & vast number of apps, and simple yet elegant form and function creating an extremely satisfying OS experience, clap
and above all, Apple's renowned build build quality & reliability (I never experienced a problem with my iPad 1). smile

Mine is scheduled to be delivered next Friday. I'm really excited. dance2
I'll post my first hand feedback once I've had a chance to explore it a little.

Scott

#341642 - 03/08/12 06:47 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Beakybird Offline

That rocks! This tablet looks like a real winner. Incredible screen, immense processing power. I'm sure there will be a lot more new apps taking advantage of it's new features. Yeah, the lack of connectivity and expandable storage is a drag, but ... c'est la vie.

Enjoy! Just don't operate while driving!

#341645 - 03/08/12 07:45 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
With "dropbox" and other programs and "iSwifter" to access flash players sites - there is NO down side to this piece. The Apple is the way to go, and the clarity on this new screen is amazing. It's like putting your glasses ON. Good luck Scott - I love my iPad2 - you're gonna love this new one. I bought the iKlip holder for a mic stand and really don't need it - yours for $3o shipped if you want it. Brand new - never took it to work.
Dave

#341650 - 03/08/12 07:58 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
"Scott - Cutting Edge - Yee" ... smile

#341657 - 03/08/12 10:24 PM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I use mine ALL DAY at school, and it sits beside my bed at night. It's the most functional item in my tech toolbox, and one of the MOST fun!

#341658 - 03/09/12 02:09 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott,

Congratulations on the iPad WTG 64 gigs, wifi and 4 G LTE very cool!! Enjoy I wouldn't be without mine.

#341663 - 03/09/12 07:06 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi Scott, Congratz!!
Interested on passing down the old IPad 1?
Jim

#341665 - 03/09/12 08:06 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I'm in the market to buy another laptop for my wife....Could someone tell me why I need an iPad3 vs a laptop for her?..living in a rural area free WiFi is not all that accessible for iPad use......does that mean you have to pay for service like your cell phones? or?..
also ...
I already have a iPhone 4s so why do I need this iPad3....

and the final questions can you use a mouse with the ipad3 as my lady hates a touch screen. and do you always have to hold this thing, do they make a stand for it?

ipad or laptop

Edited by Dnj (03/09/12 08:24 AM)

#341668 - 03/09/12 08:28 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Here is my take on the ipad or any comparable tablet...
they do not compete with a quality laptop...period.. smile

Most of the time , they are novelties..apps are part time programs compared to full feature programs that run on laptops..Tablets lack the processing power found on laptops..

The touch screen is the only feature worth mentioning , compared to laptops...and you can get a touch screen on a laptop, if that floats your boat..

The real keypad on a laptop is much better than virtual keypads, and the size difference is not worth the compromise..

Donny you could use your iphone linked (tethered) to your "new" ipad3...for internet service......or wait another 6 months to see what Apple will piecemeal out to the public in another all new wonder....

Over priced and over valued.. smile

BTW" I have a tablet too...7 inch screen with 250 gigs and USB....things I wanted , that were not available on the then current ipad... grin

If you need new toys the ipad3 qualifies....if you need real processing tools..get a laptop..(a good one).. smile

#341669 - 03/09/12 08:33 AM Re: Just Ordered the iPad 3 (64 Gb with Wifi & 4G LTE) [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
If you need new toys the ipad3 qualifies....if you need real processing tools..get a laptop..(a good one).. smile

Good info...After reading and talking to many people I will probably buy her a TOTL laptop like your Toshiba......makes more sense for her needs ...iPad3 etc, seems to have a certain Niche market.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online