SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341179 - 03/01/12 07:39 AM Performances on Korg Keyboards
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm trying to get my mind around performances. My question is if I go the physical bottons on one of the Pa series keyboards that are designated as performances and pick let's say the Jimmy Organ, does that populate every voice bank with a certain set of insturments. In other words does the performance populate upper voices and lower with a certain pre-deermined selection of voices?

Seems to me when if I were to tap the touch screen to change upper voices, I'm not take to the same panel as when I touch the physical performances buttons. Hope my question makes sense .

#341209 - 03/01/12 11:13 AM Re: Performances on Korg Keyboards [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
#1-Peformance with Style buttons; selects just as it says; Style and performance together.

#2-Performance alone; Selects three right hand sounds and one left hand sound. It also saves a number of other areas like volume; but does not include a style.

#3-Sound alone; touch one of the instruments you which to change – select one the buttons on the right (be sure that Performance is off) and sect your instrument. You will only change the instrument that you selected in the home page.
When setting up a song if you use the Song Book and the performance do one great job.

Keep in mind that you are trying to duplicate a certain band that you have heard – instruments and volumes – the band in In the Mood has a certain sound – Moonlight Serenade is very different; this is where the performance comes in.
SAVES A LOT OF WORK!

One other thought; the pads can add so much; example, a Big Band Ballad – add a pad that has a cymbal on all four beats and the feeling changes. Add a string Pad and the feeling is fuller, good for voice backing.

Enjoy – keep us posted, John C.

#341212 - 03/01/12 11:53 AM Re: Performances on Korg Keyboards [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
John you lit the light bulb for me with your explanation. DUH, now I get it. I can't believe I missed how performances really worked first time around with the PA series. WOW, I'm just shaking my head, because it's pretty simple the way you just explained it and yes I can see where it SAVES A LOT OF WORK!

Thank you for the thought on adding pads!

Best regards,
Steve

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online