pianos.I think it comes from my days playing my Hammond X5

organ and I always feel comfortable with my volume pedal, I

feel more in control of my sounds

Just wondering?

Frank

#340925 - 02/26/12 03:54 PM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Mockie]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I do all the time. most old organ players do, I suspect.

R.

#340930 - 02/26/12 04:53 PM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Mockie]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I do when playing Hammond/KeyB but not with the Audya, just sustain/footswitch.

#340955 - 02/27/12 05:01 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Mockie]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Use it all the time, absolutely essential on my gigs. Not only does it give vintage organs more life, I constantly use it to boost solo volume then again tone down my right hand while I sing.

Couldn't live without (using MFC-10 with Tyros4).

#340958 - 02/27/12 05:34 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Mockie]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I do all the time(an old organ player).

I must admit, however, that my wife has to get on me for riding the pedal on non organ sounds( she's right).

#340960 - 02/27/12 06:06 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Bernie9]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I use a volume/expression pedal (EV-5) to bring in a "color" sound...As an example, while playing piano, I may want to bring in organ or strings as my "color' tone, usually blending with the piano..The EV-5 can also cross fade between two or more tones...

If I have my G70 on the job, you will find the EV-5 pedal on the floor..

#340965 - 02/27/12 06:27 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Fran Carango]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That's a good point Fran. It is important to distinguish an expression pedal from a volume pedal. Depending on the settings, they may or may not be the same.

#340969 - 02/27/12 07:46 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: TheWolf]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: TheWolf

I constantly use it to boost solo volume then again tone down my right hand while I sing.

I use it much in the same way on my Tyros 2. Also some voices seem to be louder or softer than others so I need to constantly adjust.

On my KMA I feel like I can get by just fine without a volume pedal because it has dedicated sliders that adjust the style or RH voice volume. I guess if I had an organ background I'd still need to use the volume pedal though.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#340972 - 02/27/12 09:32 AM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: montunoman]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

On my KMA I feel like I can get by just fine without a volume pedal because it has dedicated sliders that adjust the style or RH voice volume.

same here, the audya has 9 physical sliders for each part. When we run the Audya 4 through the KeyB we don't use the pedal to change the arranger - just the organ - I think thats the way it should be.

#340986 - 02/27/12 12:51 PM Re: Who uses a volume/expression pedal [Re: Mockie]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most wind and string instruments vary in volume (Some more than others) therefore without an expression pedal you can’t make them sound anything like how the real instruments play. (Many also change their sound s they get louder)

In addition when you are playing Melody and counter melody with your right and left hand simultaneously, (And bass if you have a set of pedals attached) you haven’t got any spare to move any physical sliders

Listen to any orchestra or band and you will find it is not a monotone sound but is a really expressive performance, something that can’t be done on any arranger without an expression pedal. (No matter what the sales blurb says)

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online