SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340881 - 02/26/12 01:57 AM Scenario
Tonewheeldude Offline

I just spent a great few days with an incredible group of musicians putting there own spin on Beatles classics. Enzo Zirilli, Simone Santini and Alberto Marsico. (The KeyB duo is ours)

This was taken last year but the material is similar and venue the same:

#340966 - 02/27/12 07:05 AM Re: Scenario [Re: Tonewheeldude]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
These kind ogf interpretations are sometimes a LITTLE "ROUGH ON THE EARS" of the NON-JAZZERS".

I LOVE IT!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (02/27/12 07:05 AM)

#340971 - 02/27/12 09:28 AM Re: Scenario [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I thought you might like it Russ.

I took my wife with me - not being sure she would like it, but she realy enjoyed their unique spin...although "Tomorrow Never Knows" had a profound effect on her (as it did a couple of other people in the room). Just picture the painting "The scream" and thats the look she had smile

What did you think to the sound of the organ? No Leslie - just the built in sim through two monitors. It blows me away everytime I hear it.

By the way, make sure you can hear the bass - its all left hand on the organ.

#341017 - 02/28/12 01:00 AM Re: Scenario [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is fantastic. What an awesome group of musicians. Their interpretation really cooks. I am sure The Beatles would love the spin that was put on their tunes.

#341092 - 02/29/12 10:29 AM Re: Scenario [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
you know, it's really funny. If you're 10 feet away from a real Leslie, there's really no perceptible difference between "moving air" and good simulator sound. Same thing with a tube driven Leslie and a transistor one. I used to believe I needed Tubes and "moving air" to sound the way I wanted. Then, I listened to someone else playing my rig, and I realized that wasn't the case.

BTW, historically, I'm a big fan of Booker T. He rarely used any effects at all, including Leslie. And, for most of his studio work, it was not a "B" but a smaller Hammond (a little M-1, I believe) that he played.

All around, from my standpoint, these guys were "TASTY"!

R.

#341231 - 03/01/12 02:23 PM Re: Scenario [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I grew up listening to an 8 track (not many forums I can say that without an explanation) of Booker T & The MG's. Very lovely arrangments of popular tunes. "This Guys In Love With You" and "Michelle" are two that I have never forgotten.

I managed to find the same album on CD for sale in the USA and it was great to hear it again.

As for Scenario; I realy love Simone's arrangement of "All the Lonely People" but my favourite sections of their shows is definately Alberto's monster organ solo's!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online