SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340677 - 02/23/12 03:41 PM Korg STS
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi Pa3x experts
Help. I'm frustrated by the fact that when using a setting with left hand on, if one of the sts buttons is pressed it cuts off the LH completely, and reverts to a default sound when reactivated. This happens even when the sts mode button is off.
Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by Sandgroper (02/23/12 03:54 PM)

#340680 - 02/23/12 04:35 PM Re: Korg STS [Re: Sandgroper]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I'm still stumbling around with the PA3X and am certainly no expert. But I do know that if you press any of the four STS buttons the keyboard will revert to the settings that were last saved to that STS button. That action is not affected by whether or not the STS button is lit. So, apparently you have not properly set up and saved to the STS buttons the settings you want to use. See pages 136 - 139 of the manual.

#340683 - 02/23/12 05:37 PM Re: Korg STS [Re: Bob Hendershot]
Sandgroper Offline

Originally Posted By: Bob Hendershot
I'm still stumbling around with the PA3X and am certainly no expert. But I do know that if you press any of the four STS buttons the keyboard will revert to the settings that were last saved to that STS button. That action is not affected by whether or not the STS button is lit. So, apparently you have not properly set up and saved to the STS buttons the settings you want to use. See pages 136 - 139 of the manual.

Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply. After posting the query I plodded a bit further into the manual and got to the Global settings. Page 204 in Global edit under the general controls, Lock. This does sort out this problem, but it remains to be seen if it works after turning the K/brd off.

Ah well that's one small step for mankind.

Cheers.

Eddie

#340699 - 02/23/12 10:36 PM Re: Korg STS [Re: Sandgroper]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The locks will remain in memory after you turn the keyboard off ONLY if you save the Global Setup to memory before turning it off. The Save command is on the drop-down page menu on the page where you set the locks.
DonM

#340717 - 02/24/12 06:48 AM Re: Korg STS [Re: DonM]
Sandgroper Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
The locks will remain in memory after you turn the keyboard off ONLY if you save the Global Setup to memory before turning it off. The Save command is on the drop-down page menu on the page where you set the locks.
DonM

Hi Don.
Thanks for the help, I did that & it worked, Ye Hah. I think I might just be starting to get my head around some of the differences between the KN7 & the PA3x.
The change in terminology doesn't help. Like Write instead of Save etc, also not having any defined Banks to save to. Love the sounds & styles & Mel, my wife, is rapt in the semi weighted keys, plus the 76 keys. She plays K/Brd & I do Sax & vocals. We have our 50th wedding aniversary coming up in April, & we were playing around together for 12 months before that ( musically, musially ) and still gigging.

Cheers

Eddie

#340736 - 02/24/12 10:05 AM Re: Korg STS [Re: Sandgroper]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Eddie, I learn something new every day with the PA3X. Am a little confused about your objective. With the left hand locked, I thought it would not change with a STS registration change. Do you always want the left hand to play the same voicing (or none at all)? Do you manually change left hand voicing on the fly?

#340765 - 02/24/12 03:14 PM Re: Korg STS [Re: Bob Hendershot]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When you use the Lock option you gain what you are looking for but you lose freedom.

I have found the best way is to tell (Write) what you want in every STS which will leave you option to use a full keyboard.

I use the split keyboard function most of the time but I am now learning to take advantage of the full keyboard options; it has opened new doors.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online