SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340714 - 02/24/12 06:26 AM The grass is allways greener
Bachus Offline

Is it just me, or are we all having the same syndrome "the grass is allways greener at our neigbours lawn"

Meaning that despite the fact that all TOTL arranger keyboards are of top quallity, the ones you don't own seem to have the features you're currently missing on your own arranger.

In my world there is allways another pice of hardware to admire and to want, in recent years i have withstood that feeling of buying new and better gear rather well, but i am still feeling the urge of "have, have, need to have" with almost every piece of hardware they release.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340715 - 02/24/12 06:35 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Bachus]
Tony Hughes Offline

If you live in France Bachus Qui !
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340718 - 02/24/12 06:49 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Is it just me, or are we all having the same syndrome "the grass is allways greener at our neigbours lawn"

Meaning that despite the fact that all TOTL arranger keyboards are of top quallity, the ones you don't own seem to have the features you're currently missing on your own arranger.

In my world there is allways another pice of hardware to admire and to want, in recent years i have withstood that feeling of buying new and better gear rather well, but i am still feeling the urge of "have, have, need to have" with almost every piece of hardware they release.

B-I-N-G-O and ditto to your comments. I've been chasing arrangers for the last 5 years, PSR 3k, G70, Tyros2, PA800, P2xPro, s900, s910 and Tyros4. Maybe that's what's called a character defect. redface

I know having all those boards certainly don't make a better musician out of me. But it does bring enjoyment owning and trying different boards.

#340719 - 02/24/12 06:53 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Stephenm52]
Tony Hughes Offline

Stephen,

Its all about sounding better on the latest. singer

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340720 - 02/24/12 07:21 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

If you live in France Bachus Qui !

I am so happy i dont live in France. just 2 countries to the north of there...

#340721 - 02/24/12 07:37 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Bachus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Read my signature. Despite what it says I’m completely guilty of lusting over new gear. I think that time and energy would be better spent on improving my musicianship.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#340732 - 02/24/12 09:52 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

I'm in a similar boat to you, Bachus. No "grass is greener" effect for me. That's why I've stayed with Korg all this time, Korgs do it all for me. From the i30, I passed on the Pa80 and its cousins and went to a Pa1XPro which is still my workaday board. The on-board TC Helicon was a big factor in moving up (I had the ih harmoniser with the i30, and the TC on the Pa1X was a big improvement.) Korg seemed to dumb down the harmoniser in the Pa2X, but, from what I can glean so far, the harmoniser in the Pa3X is a significant improvement. Also, it's a more significant jump from the Pa1X to the Pa3X, and, like going from the i30 to the Pa1X, saved me the expense of going via the intermediate model - I bought a good used Pa1XPro, anyway. It's quite probable I'll go for a Pa3X at some point, maybe a used one again. And also, like many others on here, I believe it's not necessarily the tools at hand. T'aint what ya do, it's the way that ya do it.

#340798 - 02/25/12 01:42 AM Re: The grass is allways greener [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Actually i know whats urging me to buy new hardware... I am allways looking for the perfect hardware, but ever since i realised that i will never find all my needs in a single arranger, it tremendously helped me in saving a lot of money...

And there will never be such a thing as everyone has different wishes from an arranger, but soemthing i wish they where modular, where you could add exactly those parts you needed to them.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online