SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#340005 - 02/16/12 02:41 PM My New Arranger
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I took the plunge - my KMA arrived at 1PM today. I have it connected to my Bose L1 Compact and the sound is pretty darn good. The built-in speakers are useless for anything more than hobby playing around the house. Now I must learn how to use the Korg OS to save my setups and I'll be rolling. I have small hands and the "extremely small" keys don't bother me at all. It is a fun little machine and for the money does a lot.

I downloaded tons of PA series styles from the Korg site but have not idea how to load them yet. No sleep tonight.

Deane

Attachments
IMG_5937.JPG

#340006 - 02/16/12 02:52 PM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Congrats Good luck Dean with your new KMA clap ....not hard to learn the KORG OS...if you need help just ask..you'll need a SD card to load styles, ect, also.. there more then enough KORG people here to answer questions. Have Fun

#340014 - 02/16/12 03:45 PM Re: My New Arranger [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Best of luck with it Deanne ...

#340021 - 02/16/12 09:00 PM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Deane,
congratulations.
You sure have all bases covered. haahaa
Yamaha, Ketron ( with varranger ) now Korg, do you also have Roland ?? if not, VArranger should cover that option soon too.

Enjoy your new toy.

(btw, I always refer to my keyboards as my toys) haahaa

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#340024 - 02/16/12 11:46 PM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
The built-in speakers are useless for anything more than hobby playing around the house. Deane

Are you sure Deane, I thought that was the main advantage, weight and no external speakers, are you saying its only fit for playing in the front room. What's that KB on the chair son of KMA. rotf2

Deane the Ipad looks huge in the photo, I can see you read off it.

Reagrds

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340026 - 02/16/12 11:57 PM Re: My New Arranger [Re: Tony Hughes]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: hammer
The built-in speakers are useless for anything more than hobby playing around the house. Deane

Are you sure Deane, I thought that was the main advantage, weight and no external speakers, are you saying its only fit for playing in the front room.
Tony

Tony,
If you read one of my threads on the KMA you will find that weeks ago I already mentioned the fact that the amplfication is very poor. I have run all of my extensive PA50 software thru it, and it simply does not do justice to it. However it does not need big things. Simply check out e.g.
the Creative Gigaworks T10 speaker set (very small, no wooferbox) which retail at approx. 30 quid and they already do wonders to the sound of the Micro, let alone other amplification. Also running it e.g. thru your
Tyros 4 you would not recognise it !!! The keys on the other hand are less of a problem than I (and most) had anticipated. Still I stick to the opinion that chords (accompaniment) are best played on the main keyboard that generally accompanies the KMA..................

regards,
John Smies

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-7--korg-micro-arranger.html

#340030 - 02/17/12 02:00 AM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just bought a Korg PS60 to go with my KMA. I now have a light rig that will hold it's own anywhere, connected to my Bose Compact.

The PS60 is a performance KB, and good for fast intrument changes and based on new technology than the KMA. It is also highly editable.

Bernie

#340035 - 02/17/12 03:22 AM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bernie,

How are you stacking up the new KMA with your Audya, bearing in mind there is £3500 difference in the two. Just appears that people are going for low cost rather high end. My old Mum always said you only get what you pay for.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340046 - 02/17/12 07:46 AM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Enjoy your KMA Hammer. I’ve had one for two weeks now and really like it. No problems playing standard LH chords, RH melody for popular music on it. I see it as a useful tool (not a toy) for certain situations like casual get togethers, air travel, or any occasion where set up/load in maybe complicated by stairs, tight space, or transportation issues. Ever try to get a Tyros in a flight case into a small Mexican cab? Not recommended…

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#340051 - 02/17/12 08:59 AM Re: My New Arranger [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony

My old dad used to say the same thing, however, there are some mitigating factors in the equation.

No R&D costs, cheaper keybed and case, less features, etc.
In my case, less is more for certain venues.

My Audya is still king, but royalty needn't attend lesser functions. They are different, and the light rig is a lot of fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online