SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#339970 - 02/16/12 08:21 AM Yam Tyros 4 Outiftted with a Korg M3 Joystick !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
This Middle Eastern player appears to have swapped the two PB Mod wheels on his Tyros 4 with a Korg M3 Joystick. I esp like the joystick's cool blue backlight effect. cool
Has anybody here modified their arranger keyboard like this before? How difficult is it to do, and what are the advantages and risks?

#340018 - 02/16/12 04:24 PM Re: Yam Tyros 4 Outiftted with a Korg M3 Joystick ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Nice Frankenstein mod, looks great!.....
I always liked a Joystick over a Wheel.lol... coffee

#340039 - 02/17/12 06:04 AM Re: Yam Tyros 4 Outiftted with a Korg M3 Joystick ! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

That blue stick fits well with the T4..

As to what the advantage is? well, some people prefer sticks and others prefer wheels... personally i love a stick above wheels...

2 wheels each give midi vallues 0-127
and a joysticks X and Y vallue both consist of midi vallues 0-127

Its just a matter of prefference, at the risk of shortcircuiting something and blowing up your whole T4's powersupply and mainboard... If you don't know exactly what your doing and have a degree in electronics engineering, i would stay away far from this...

However, i once owned a self build Bohm organ, that i could only play with my right hand because my left hand was equiped with a soldering iron... and that was when i was studying electronics engineering... it made me turn away from electronic organs for some years.. back to the good old Piano..

Edited by Bachus (02/17/12 06:05 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online