SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33962 - 02/10/09 06:39 PM SD series vocalizer
MicronMan Offline

Loc: Mahwah, NJ USA
Has anyone used the optional vocalizer for the SD series units? I'd like to know how the quality and "ease-of-use" compares to standalone units like the Voice Tone Harmony M or Digitech devices. I haven't been able to find any demos online with the SD vocalizer option being utilized.

#33963 - 02/11/09 12:44 PM Re: SD series vocalizer
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
I had SD1+ and been using the vocalizer pretty much.The sound is not bad,if we consider the tehnological difference from 10 years ago and today TC-Helicon Harmony G (the one I'm using now) is huge!!
If you write a single voice ,like I did with " The Joker" SD vocalist sounds ok, pretty natural, but if you use more than 1 voice, than you'll feel a kind of artificial ,electronic artifacts, robotical somehow but tipical for that period.
Finally, if you use it with care, at a proper volume and effects settings it's usable.And , BTW, at least in my EX-SD1(I sold it) , the vocalist have a lot of posibilitties,like fixed intervals, funny voices...gender,EQ, effects like delay,reverb for each voice...
it's like 7 from 10 scale.

[This message has been edited by viocaia (edited 02-11-2009).]

#33964 - 02/11/09 08:17 PM Re: SD series vocalizer
MicronMan Offline

Loc: Mahwah, NJ USA
Thanks for the information! Before I purchase the Harmony M unit I thought I should find out about the Ketron vocalizer. I'm going to go with the TC-Helicon unit as, from your experience, there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to choose the Ketron. I appreciate the response. ...MM

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online