SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#339264 - 02/10/12 06:07 AM Yamaha team working together on something new?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
News Item Here

Bill

#339272 - 02/10/12 06:38 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: News Item
It is no secret that a team of British players, known as the Yamaha development team, are in Japan working on a new product.

The secret of Yamaha's success is that they have a team of top professional players to work with the firm's technical experts to produce something that is user friendly to the home keyboard enthusiast. The positioning of the buttons (the tabs) is just one of the many detailed things that are considered.

Sound combinations and registrations are of prime importance to professional players - and if it suits the team's critical ears then it is sure to suit the home player.

This is where Yamaha score over their competitors because the software and hardware designers listen to what professional players have to say. If other firms listened to players with over 25 years of experience they may (just may) catch up with what Yamaha have to offer.

The only thing Yamaha is listening to is their own wallet, why havent they created a 76 key TOTL aranger ever since the 9000 pro?

If they want something truely astonishing you should be able to operate it intuitively while selecting programs and sounds.... but beneath the hood there should be an immeasurable depth tweaking the instrument... totally unnecessary to use by most players that just want to enjoy the standard choices, but very neccessary for pros that want to create their own sounds...

And inside what looks like the standard arranger engine, there should be a hidden Karma .. and inside the Seuqnecer there should be a live MAtrix... not visible when unneeded but selectable when you wanted it..

and several different sound engines to cooperate deep inside the instrument...

But most of all, if it was an arranger, the means to controll the expressiveness of the sound with sliders/ pedals/ X-y pads/ knobs / d-beams and whatever neccesary... but then this would be conflicting with the easy to opperate instrument, but so neccesary to allow for the expressiveness that future generations of keyboard artists need.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#339274 - 02/10/12 06:57 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
Stein67 Offline

I would like to see the likes of Jamstix3 software auto implemented to styles to make the drums a little different each time and add a more human feel. If something similar is already available apologies as I have been out of the loop for ages. Obviously this should be user controlled from off up to varying degrees of rhythm freedom every few bars.

#339276 - 02/10/12 07:16 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Originally Posted By: News Item
It is no secret that a team of British players, known as the Yamaha development team, are in Japan working on a new product.

The secret of Yamaha's success is that they have a team of top professional players to work with the firm's technical experts to produce something that is user friendly to the home keyboard enthusiast. The positioning of the buttons (the tabs) is just one of the many detailed things that are considered.

Sound combinations and registrations are of prime importance to professional players - and if it suits the team's critical ears then it is sure to suit the home player.

This is where Yamaha score over their competitors because the software and hardware designers listen to what professional players have to say. If other firms listened to players with over 25 years of experience they may (just may) catch up with what Yamaha have to offer.

The only thing Yamaha is listening to is their own wallet, why havent they created a 76 key TOTL aranger ever since the 9000 pro?

If they want something truely astonishing you should be able to operate it intuitively while selecting programs and sounds.... but beneath the hood there should be an immeasurable depth tweaking the instrument... totally unnecessary to use by most players that just want to enjoy the standard choices, but very neccessary for pros that want to create their own sounds...

Bachus, Yamaha sells every Tyros4 they make...some stores are back-ordered, and the Tyros4 has allegedly outsold both Tyros2 and Tyros 3 combined.

Nope, they ain't making what you want...but, quite obviously, they are making what the majority want, and the company has obviously learned that you can't please everyone, and to do so, is usually a disaster, both in the corporate world, and also in our personal lives.

The goal is to please the home playing amateur and advanced players, as well as cater to some professionals...seems they have it covered pretty well, in my opinion.
Ian

#339278 - 02/10/12 07:49 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

I should say, Bachus, that I'm sure Yamaha reads these forums, and, in any case, I pass on anything pertinent on other people's wish lists (including yours) for the next Tyros instrument to my superiors.

So please keep posting suggestions.

Ian

#339301 - 02/10/12 04:28 PM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

So Ian, obviously you can't open up too much, but what are your own gut feelings about what Yamaha might have coming down the pipe? Do any of Bachus' musings/wishes strike a chord with you?

#339306 - 02/10/12 05:37 PM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: 124]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
So Ian, obviously you can't open up too much, but what are your own gut feelings about what Yamaha might have coming down the pipe? Do any of Bachus' musings/wishes strike a chord with you?

I honestly have no idea what's on the way with the next Tyros (or the S-series)...and I feel it will be still called "Tyros" as it is now a recognizable name like Motif or Clavinova.

Although I'm expected to provide input (and I am very grateful for that ability), I am still only a small spoke in a very big wheel, and I'm definitely not privy to what's coming up.

Personally, I feel that Yamaha has been trying to strike a balance with what I said earlier, with instruments designed for amateur and advanced home players, plus a smattering of professionals using them in their act, so changes will be, as they have been, more of an evolutionary type, rather than revolutionary.

I'm quite sure the same characteristic sound will remain, although, again, it may evolve, but not to where it starts sounding like one of the competitors; if it did, we wouldn't have a choice for what we want to hear coming out of our speakers.

Hopefully, some (or all) of the stuff Bachus has suggested will eventually appear on an arranger; whether it be a Yamaha or not, is still something that can't be answered.

Ian

#339308 - 02/10/12 05:54 PM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Thanks, Ian. Can't say fairer than that.

#339313 - 02/10/12 07:38 PM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

What it is gonna be is gonna cost alot more then what we have now on the market....I could easily see a TOTL $5000.00 Tyros 5 and a $2500.00 MOTL S950 ...Yamaha has a fierce loyal following and just like cigarettes no matter how high the price per pack people will always buy and smoke.....& purchase the next latest & greatest Tyros models & beyond.
Hey it's only money right?.. wink cool2

#339315 - 02/10/12 07:58 PM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

laugh Or, as our old guitarist used to say, "It's only another gig a week."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online