SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#338969 - 02/06/12 07:19 PM Re: SAME SONG but using Differnt Styles demo....SD1 [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

BTW ... I would be surprised if there are many KB players who DON'T do this ... as Donny says, this is the beauty of an arranger kb ...
Playing steady gigs in restaurants as I have done for over a year at a time, along with trying to keep a 'fresh' playlist, you need to 'change things up' with some of the songs that are 'constants' ... playing them in different styles is one easy way to do that ...

Exactly, Tony...I do a lot of jazz ballad standards in 3/4 time instead of slow swing, and I also switch a few 3/4 tunes (like Moon River) to a slow jazz ballad in 4/4.

Lots of light Rock tunes work very well with Bossa and Rumba styles, and even some Country tunes work pretty good with them as well.

I usually devote a bit of my practice time on the Tyros4 to style swapping...and, it's fun too!

I love doing restaurant work.

Ian

#339067 - 02/07/12 01:56 PM Re: SAME SONG but using Differnt Styles demo....SD1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Nice Whiter Shade of pear in a Rumba on a Roland VA7!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online