SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#338804 - 02/05/12 11:35 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Dead simple answer Donny, a fool and his money are easily separated. duel

and there is no fool like and old fool, but once bitten, twice shy!!! sofa

The first one I got was built on Friday the 13th and second on the 1st April, Bernie9 was built on Mayday Mayday Mayday. rotfl

You get one,don't you let me stop you, $7000 if you say it slow it hurts.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338806 - 02/05/12 11:59 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

You need to make your own judgement, the Audya is the most expensive KB on the planet, therefore there should be money in the pot for support, in fact at lot in the pot, but its not there and I know for a fact that the mark up a dealer makes on a Ketron is crap, so he's not interested when he's made a sale.

I don't know whats going on with them, and they are not interested in putting it right.

Last week one UK dealer took in stock over 250 Tyros 4, I don't think Audya sold that in the UK in the last 3 years.

Same as Rickenbacker basses...a boutique instrument - They have NO interest in supplying any great numbers, have no interest in exporting any at all....from what I have been told they make less than 1500 new ones a year, and expensive at that - no discounts for these....But STILL an exceptional bass!!!

I would rate Audya the same...boutique keyboard manufacturer, not all that interested in world domination or huge numbers, and they charge accordingly.

Still an excellent instrument...

You pay the price they want or go elsewhere, they don't really mind...and I suspect Ketron are ticking over nicely...

#338816 - 02/05/12 01:24 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I have read about the problems people have had with this instrument in the passed and it's not fun to hear that. I have also got a friend who have the Audya and has no problems with it now.
Well, I have also been looking at the Tyros 4 wich is also a nice instrument. I have plaied Yamaha keyboards in the passed also, but I want to go for something else now and also something that is more accessible.
I am tired of being able to access just a few features of the instrument, especially when they cost what they do.
Yamaha has buttons, but it requires menu navigation and I think the Audya has a much more easier and accessible interface with dedicated buttons.
But, how do you like the sounds of the most recent update of the Audya except for the styles?
If there are no problems with it, why wouldn't you recommend it then?
Many thanks!

#338824 - 02/05/12 02:44 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Dead simple answer Donny, a fool and his money are easily separated. duel

and there is no fool like and old fool, but once bitten, twice shy!!! sofa

The first one I got was built on Friday the 13th and second on the 1st April, Bernie9 was built on Mayday Mayday Mayday. rotfl

You get one,don't you let me stop you, $7000 if you say it slow it hurts.

If I remember correctly your dealer messed the first one up when his laptop ran out of battery half way through transfering files to the hard drive and then he proceeded to try and do a back up without any of the hidden files being present?

#338825 - 02/05/12 02:49 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Dnj Offline

so it was human error? would a factory rest have fixed it or?

#338828 - 02/05/12 03:15 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

That was back in the dark days before Tony and I were mates wink

Yes, a factory restore would have done the trick, but to be fair this was very early on in the life of the Audya (Tony was one of the first people in the UK to own one) and the UK distributor had literally only just taken on Ketron so must take some of the blame as no restore disks were available for a few months and either the engineer had to go out to the customer (which he did on more than one occasion) or the Audya had to be collected by the distributor (they paid freight even in the case of user error). Things are a lot smoother now thankfully!

By the way, Tyros 3 was more expensive than the Audya at the time (by about £250).

#338850 - 02/05/12 09:43 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
That was back in the dark days before Tony and I were mates wink

Yes, a factory restore would have done the trick, but to be fair this was very early on in the life of the Audya (Tony was one of the first people in the UK to own one) and the UK distributor had literally only just taken on Ketron so must take some of the blame as no restore disks were available for a few months and either the engineer had to go out to the customer (which he did on more than one occasion) or the Audya had to be collected by the distributor (they paid freight even in the case of user error). Things are a lot smoother now thankfully!

By the way, Tyros 3 was more expensive than the Audya at the time (by about £250).

Still overhere in europe the T4 is more expensive then the Audya.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338851 - 02/05/12 10:12 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Bachus]
Tony Hughes Offline

TWD,

I think you know what I am getting at here, you look after the people who bought KB from you, but others are not so fortunate. When a dealer fails to fix a Audya for whatever reason Ketron should have a fallback mechanism, that mean simply contacting the customer and asking him to send the KB back to the factory for repair, just like the chap in the UK who had a 3 year old Pa2x with faulty LEDS, Korg are going to replace them all for free, and he is not the original owner. You are fortunate to be able to take the top of an Audya like me and fix it, but once you take the top off you are on your own, just like installing AJAMSONIC in warranty, Ketron will love you because you are never going to send a KB back. Now Thomann have not got a TWD in-house, a faulty Audya at Thomann will go straight back to the factory. TWD I am not the only person who thinks that Ketron should get their house in order and they should do ASAP, it's obvious that Korg and Yamaha don't mess the customer about, whatever the dealer looks like, their system just kicks in. I stick to what I said I won't buy another Ketron now I know the overall score, I have got to sell my Audya and I don't think there are all that many takers around, even at 50% the original cost.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338852 - 02/05/12 10:15 PM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: Christian_1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I loved my Audya. I may some day get the 61-note version. I had no problems at all with it.
I now have a Korg PA3X 61, and there are many things I love about it as well, particularly the layout and physical controls. It also lighter and easier to tote around.
However, my opinion would be that the Audya would be easier for a person without sight to handle.
The Korg would be o.k. after you spent a lot of time setting it up. You can't go wrong with either if you can get good dealer support.
DonM

#338866 - 02/06/12 02:07 AM Re: Pa3X vs Audya [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

I have said all I can about the Audya, this is my 3rd KB and it's OK, as Don says "You can't go wrong with either the Audya or Pa3x if you can get good dealer support".

Now Christian that's what you need to consider carefully, we have 1st class support here in the Uk with TWD.

Best of luck whatever you buy and do keep us in the loop, like DonM, I will be selling the Audya and buying a Korg???

Tony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online