SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#337917 - 01/28/12 08:45 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Dnj]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I have it on good authority that Donny just got a midi accordion and is going to use it with an Audya module. You can take the accordion out of the boy but not the boy out of the accordion. Ah it is something like that. He has wireless midi so he will still be able to stroll around with it and sing O Solo Mio. His midi accordion has full size weighted keys so you folks out there can't bitch about the key size or feel. It also has 88 of these weighted keys. He has added a vst kazoo from his laptop for added realism. The button side of the accordion has rootless chord recognition to please folks like Scott Yee. To put words in Donny's mouth it "is what it is" and "as long as it works for me that's all that matters."

Just having a little fun, Donny.

Tom

Tom

#337919 - 01/28/12 08:51 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
I have it on good authority that Donny just got a midi accordion and is going to use it with an Audya module. You can take the accordion out of the boy but not the boy out of the accordion. Ah it is something like that. He has wireless midi so he will still be able to stroll around with it and sing O Solo Mio. His midi accordion has full size weighted keys so you folks out there can't bitch about the key size or feel. It also has 88 of these weighted keys. He has added a vst kazoo from his laptop for added realism. The button side of the accordion has rootless chord recognition to please folks like Scott Yee. To put words in Donny's mouth it "is what it is" and "as long as it works for me that's all that matters."

Just having a little fun, Donny.

Tom

Funny rotf2 ......I always take my Galante out for birthdays with the kids.......BK 5, S950, PA3x Varranger, T4, so many choices, not in a rush.

#337920 - 01/28/12 09:25 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Don't worry Tom...Donny has it all under control...he's a pro, remember, and you know the saying, "The show must go on!"

Hopefully that 88 note weighted key accordion won't have our lad in traction.

Ian

#337923 - 01/28/12 11:03 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny knows very well what the dream kit is, once and for all, because Bill Abacus has told him, Tyros 4 on top with a KKW (Korg Kronos Workstation) below, bill has studied this very carefully, coming from a Wersi man it must be good advice.

Good Luck with your choice Donny, we all wait with excitement.

Tony juggle

Now if you want to wait for the T5 they will both be in Black wink
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337942 - 01/29/12 04:58 AM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny knows very well what the dream kit is, once and for all, because Bill Abacus has told him, Tyros 4 on top with a KKW (Korg Kronos Workstation) below, bill has studied this very carefully, coming from a Wersi man it must be good advice.

Tony juggle

The T4 is all somebody would need.... wink
I never listen to anyone, No Offense when it comes to buying gear for MY NEEDS, my ears are my guide,....being a home player vs a pro gigging on stage player is very far apart.
With a few offerings looming in the wings to be released soon..I'm hovering in a holding pattern at the moment but that could change at the drop of a hat....I could go older or newer or stay put. Appreciate all the info posted, gets one thinking!

l8tr

#337946 - 01/29/12 06:12 AM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Tony juggle

Tony, after hearing the Kronos YouTube demos you shared with me, and having had experience with the original Korg Karma some time ago in the studio, I'd say it is the perfect companion to a Tyros4.

Dream kit for sure.

And you have the advanced playing skills to make great use of such a combination...even though you mainly play at home.

I can see Donny's point in that an arranger would do the gig job on it's own, and probably simplify setup/teardown, but, having both the Kronos and Tyros4 on a gig would be the bomb.

The world would be your oyster, even though it's going to cost you a few clams. wink

I don't envy people, but I'm coming close to it with your possible purchase of the Kronos to use as a companion to your Tyros4.

After all the problems, issues, and frustrations, you had with the Ketron Audya, and in spite of how great it sounds, I know you'll be glad to see those end cheeks go out the door.

Korg's reputation is far better, and you can rest assured you will get great support, especially on Korg Forums, and also here on SZ.

Great choice, Tony,

Ian

#338305 - 01/31/12 01:22 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I will also consider a TRADE for an excellent condition
KORG PA800 also so lets talk deal....

Thanx

#338310 - 01/31/12 03:16 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Dnj]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
hey, that's my line... lol

#338313 - 01/31/12 03:27 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: Tony Hughes]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
This Setup works great for my cocktail hours and wedding receptions.

Edited by kbrkr (01/31/12 03:30 PM)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#338314 - 01/31/12 03:29 PM Re: Im Selling my Yamaha S910 Ex Cond. [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Dream Setup....

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/28827825@N07/6798293701/[/img]

Nice set up...good luck with it !btw do they make a MIC Boom for that Stand?

Edited by Dnj (01/31/12 03:36 PM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online