SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#338096 - 01/30/12 11:31 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Yep, I'm saying the same thing as you guys. Early presentations were indeed pretty bad and got the reception they deserved. I'm just happy that things are going the way they are now.

Oh how I yearn for the old days when music stores had a keyboard pro room with every keyboard on the market set up... just make an appointment and sit down for a few hours and audition the models you were interested in before you buy..... frown I miss those days.

Edited by Dnj (01/30/12 11:42 AM)

#338098 - 01/30/12 11:35 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Yep, nothing like hands-on, Donny. I'm with you all the way on that one.

#338205 - 01/30/12 07:06 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Ahh yes, but as I recall, the Chord Sequencer is a "live" only tool.You cannot save the progressions.

It gets reset every-time you turn it off. Of course I may be mistaken, but that is my recollection of it.

By the time you get it set-up and inserted the chord progression you want, it is time to get to the next song!!

Maybe it would be okay for those who only do instrumental work, and NEED variation to make an entertaining performance, but if you have a few verses to sing too....it really is not needed.

That, and in operation, I found it was quite "awkward" using it playing at a gig....trying to start it, get it set-up, sing and make whatever other "on the fly" adjustments....

Okay if you want to do all the "pseudo-guitarist - pseudo-brass player bits" etc etc and play with the bender....

Nah, it was a fun toy and gimmick for the first hour or so...it rapidly declined from there. YMMV though. That is just my view.

Dennis

#338209 - 01/30/12 07:28 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks for the link Don,
gee that made the PA3X sound good.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#338211 - 01/30/12 07:33 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: miden]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
WOW Miden...good to hear from you again!

Great point on chord progression, not very practical for live play as it takes some time to loop those chords as needed.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#338215 - 01/30/12 07:50 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Ahh yes, but as I recall, the Chord Sequencer is a "live" only tool.You cannot save the progressions.

It gets reset every-time you turn it off. Of course I may be mistaken, but that is my recollection of it.

By the time you get it set-up and inserted the chord progression you want, it is time to get to the next song!!

Maybe it would be okay for those who only do instrumental work, and NEED variation to make an entertaining performance, but if you have a few verses to sing too....it really is not needed.

That, and in operation, I found it was quite "awkward" using it playing at a gig....trying to start it, get it set-up, sing and make whatever other "on the fly" adjustments....

Okay if you want to do all the "pseudo-guitarist - pseudo-brass player bits" etc etc and play with the bender....

Nah, it was a fun toy and gimmick for the first hour or so...it rapidly declined from there. YMMV though. That is just my view.

Dennis

I agree Miden.......I never used it on my G1000 either years ago don't miss it at all. But it's there for whoever needs it, you cant use all features on any keyboard just the ones you have a need for. smile On my S910 or any Yamaha arranger I never use the MFD but many players love it....go figure?

Edited by Dnj (01/30/12 07:55 PM)

#338217 - 01/30/12 08:07 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If the shoe doesn't fit, you don't have to force your big ol' stinky foot into it. smile
I play 4-5 hours a night. Sometimes I feel like jammin', and there's not one to do it with but myself. Not unlike sex. But I digress. It's fun to use sometimes. Certainly not essential but another feature of the PA3X that I like.
DonM

#338218 - 01/30/12 08:13 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

I've never had a keyboard that had a CS, so I couldn't miss what I never had. Agreed, it would be of limited use to me. Just something that might be handy now and again.

#338221 - 01/30/12 08:28 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I often record a standard 8-bar progression and leave it in there unless I feel like changing it. It's amazing how many songs you can use it on.
I do wish you could store a few of them for use at any time. Of course you COULD do something like that simply by recording styles of the proper length, but I don't. Yet. I just had another brilliant idea.
I'm sure glad this is my last night off until Sunday.
DonM

#338225 - 01/30/12 08:36 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chord sequences are saved as chord sequences on the G1000..

The Chord seq was/is a great feature...anyone that knew how to use one (about 1 percent) ...knows how great it is...

I used it for writing songs for a fella...at $150 a pop...it took about 10 minutes..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online