SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#338124 - 01/30/12 12:48 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Ian that's not gonna happen.... I don't have a KMA any longer & Fran wont soon either sorry.

#338125 - 01/30/12 12:50 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No problem Donny...maybe John himself will do the honors?

Ian

#338128 - 01/30/12 12:59 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Scottyee]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Okay guys , don't say you did not ask for it.

I sent Donny a fair set of some of the best of my Musical Resources weeks ago. He exchanged more than 40 emails with me within a period of two weeks but for whatever reason failed to get my resources loaded.
I am not blaming him though , cause I had no Micro at my disposal and as such could not put my finger on to what went wrong.

Scott, you got a set of mine as well , do not know where it ended up.

Fran too got a full set of musical resources to try out, all without charge , have no idea what happened to them.

Bernie got one set, actually paid for it, and I am trying to get the rest across to him, cause today we finished sorting out what was the problem in loading my different sets of Resources into the MICRO.

Okay, here is the deal.
I am going to send Scott, Donny, Fran and Don M. (just in case) my full offer as announced on my webpages , see page 7. They include all of my programming over a period of 4 years on the PA50. They also include a new handwritten manual of how to go about with them.
I will send it to you via WETRANSFER in a few minutes and would ask you to give yourselves ample time to eplore them the way they SHOULD BE explored. (and it goes without saying not thru the poor speakers of the micro itself). Then I suggest one of you opens up a new thread here for evaluation purposes. If after all that you still think it ain't worth a 25 euro donation that is fine by me. If you do, cough up !

Can't do any fairer than that , can I ?

From Holland, it's goodnight for now,

regards,
John Smies

#338133 - 01/30/12 01:10 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

Yes Ian a simple A/B comparison as Scott Yee requested will settle the whole thing I would assume one way or the other.
Secondly wasn't it a donation vs a charge John upon audition?
I no longer have a KMA sorry.

Edited by Dnj (01/30/12 01:13 PM)

#338136 - 01/30/12 01:14 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

too late, I have emailed all my resources to the aforesaid persons.
the challenge is all yours !!!!

kind regards,
John Smies

#338137 - 01/30/12 01:14 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

Yes Ian a simple A/B comparison as Scott Yee requested will settle the whole thing I would assume one way or the other.

Well, Donny, they are his resources, and his hard work, so any comparisons we can actually listen to would go a long way in helping him promote these enhancements.

It may even encourage more people to buy microArrangers.

Ian

#338140 - 01/30/12 01:23 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

After hearing Fran's microArranger's performance here:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...arsa#Post337739

I think it needs some kind of enhancement...perhaps we could hear what John's stuff would do, if you still have the microArranger (which you said you were keeping)?

Ian

#338145 - 01/30/12 01:43 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
This Micro Arranger is driving me crazy.....small keys..but I can get use to them for short periods of time..

I found a way to use a controller keyboard to play what is shown on the Micro's screen...and all the selections from the Micro's panel...

I went into Global, midi in ..selected the in channel and assigned it to "global"...Now any controller plays the Micro's panel settings...

After yesterdays demo session..comparing to the i30 and PA1x..(Micro sounded better than the i30, and as good as the PA1x)...I decided for the 3rd time....to remove it from EBAY...and yes I even had a buyer...he is going to be a un happy camper, when he comes home from work.. smile

I know the price of the Micro will go up to $599 map...so the value will retain...besides where can you get a Korg IA sound source, speakers with stereo input jack, and a detailed arranger unit ...with 61 keys (even if they are mini)....in the $400 range....

Don't let me sell this..or offer it to anyone....again grin

#338160 - 01/30/12 02:46 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
John, I am downloading your resources as we speak. wow 40 megs.
Not saying I'm getting a micro, but just in case . . .
Rest assured I'll pay for it if I use it!
DonM

#338183 - 01/30/12 03:51 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: john smies]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: john smies

Okay guys , don't say you did not ask for it.

Scott, you got a set of mine as well , do not know where it ended up.
Hi John.
I can't speak for the others, but I 'never' asked for them.
You simply volunteered on your own to send them to me, and I made clear to you before you sent them, that I preferred to simply explore my microARRANGER's factory styles & performances for a while first, before even considering trying out your resource files, or anybody else's resource files for that matter.

To be honest, the other reason I've continued to hold off trying your files is that:

1) the ones you sent require not only loading your resource files bank by bank at a time, but

2) that it also 'overwrites' the Korg's factory settings as well. I realize it's possible to later restore the factory settings again, but that too is futher time consuming.

John, I hope you understand that one person's 'personal' keyboard settings probably won't sound the same on another person's keyboard, even if it's same make/model, as we each go thru a different sound source (PA/speakers) as well as the fact that personal taste (as evidenced by the constant member debates) varies widely, and the reason I usually never swap Tryos 4 Yam registrations (aka Korg performances) with my Yamaha keyboard buddies either.

Though I appreciate you volunteering on your own again sending me your complete resource set this time, to be honest, because I've now already created my own resource file setup to suit my own song repetoire & personal taste, I probably won't have time to try yours out very soon. That said, I wish you all the best in securing sz member donations for your work efforts.

Scott smile

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online