SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#338105 - 01/30/12 12:02 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Reliable Sources tell us the KMA is totally reworked and tweaked compared to the PA 50SD... wink

It still sounds like a PA-50SD, even with your excellent demos (better than anything by the factory, in my opinion), but, if it is a sound you like, it's gonna work for you. Look at Fran with that ancient old G-70...it's still a beautiful sounding arranger.

I think the best bet is to use John Smies's enhancements to get the most out of a KMA...they are a bargain.

Did you use them, Donny?

Ian

#338109 - 01/30/12 12:19 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
[quote=Dnj]
I think the best bet is to use John Smies's enhancements to get the most out of a KMA...they are a bargain.

Did you use them, Donny?

Ian

Yes I have used them...when I had the KMA....honestly I wasn't impressed for whatever reasons my personal opinion only...
Has anyone else posted an A/B comparison DEMO using the KMA to these resources...I would like to listen to the exact differences "with and without" them sound & style wise ?....
I found that tweaking the KMA myself was more suited for my style of playing.

Edited by Dnj (01/30/12 12:22 PM)

#338111 - 01/30/12 12:21 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think I'll get a KMA just so I can check out John's resources!
I wish he would get a PA3X and do all that work for it!
DonM

#338112 - 01/30/12 12:23 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Has anyone posted an A/B comparison DEMO using the KMA to these resources...I would like listen to the exact differences "with and without" them sound & style wise ?....

Ahhh...Fran still has his KMA...so you actually got the resources from John Smies, Donny.

You could do an excellent comparison recording, and let people judge for themselves...plus, you are unbiased.

Ian

#338113 - 01/30/12 12:23 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Yes to answer your question Ian

#338116 - 01/30/12 12:28 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Great stuff, Donny.

Ian

#338117 - 01/30/12 12:29 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I thought Fran sold it. But I also thought DNJ sold his, then he didn't, then he did.
Tune in tomorrow for the next chapter of "As The Plot Sickens".
smile
DonM

#338119 - 01/30/12 12:37 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

Has anyone posted an A/B comparison DEMO using the KMA to these resources...I would like listen to the exact differences "with and without" them sound & style wise ?....
I gotta agree, and suggest John Smiles do exactly that. rocker
It would give us all the opportunity to both hear and compare the difference for ourselves before committing, as right now,
I think factory presets sound pretty decent (as DNJ showcased in his demo), with only a few minor tweaks needed.
A side by side (factory vs John's tweaked) 'comparison demo' by John would quickly convince me to buy them or not.

What do you say John? cool

#338120 - 01/30/12 12:38 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

I'm hearing KMA map price has gone up also....should see $599.00 in stores soon....they are selling like hot cakes .

#338123 - 01/30/12 12:46 PM Re: The ulitimate Micro Rig [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

I gotta agree, and suggest John Smiles do exactly that. rocker
It would give us all the opportunity to both hear and compare the difference for ourselves before committing, as right now,
I think factory presets sound pretty decent (as DNJ showcased in his demo), with only a few minor tweaks needed.
A side by side (factory vs John's tweaked) 'comparison demo' by John would quickly convince me to buy them or not.
What do you say John? cool

Best idea I heard so far today, Scott...I've been wanting to hear the sonic differences myself, and this would give a great opportunity for John to get people listening to his hard work on the Korg arrangers.

Or maybe Donny could use Fran's KMA and do an A/B comparison for himself, and other SZ'ers who would be interested?

Ian

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online