SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#337618 - 01/27/12 03:45 AM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Ian,

Thanks for elaborating on the "how many bars "in the Tyros 4 styles.
Apparently I am not correct on the PSR either but in essence what I was trying to get across that in my perception the Korgs have generally used styles with longer bar-variations than the Yamahas. Whether that is always a good thing is another story and also very subjective to taste of course.

Quite a coincidence that you should mention you had a bunch of Korg styles to use in the Yamaha. An acquaintance of mine just mailed me the Korg PA800 styles for use in Yamaha. If anyone is interested just say so.

Bernie,
Thanks for your appreciation of my efforts. I know it has been a bit of a struggle so far to get things going due to the fact that I have not yet been able to get a Micro. However I was assured only this morning that I would have one at my disposal within a week or so. Therefor I am also putting on hold the delivery of my Resources until I have sorted out everything.

To Nigel, Scott, Bruno and others I can only recommend at least trying this little beastie. I think that most of you, once gotten the hang of it and having Midi-ed it up to a major keyboard, preferably with some of my Resources loaded , will still think it is a great asset no matter the fact we are talking about 10 year old technology.

regards,
JOhn

#337621 - 01/27/12 04:33 AM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

It was not any hassle, really. If I had had any previous Korg knowledge you would not have had to walk me through step by step.

It is nice to know that you are always right there to help, as you have so cheerfully demonstrated.
Thanks

Bernie

#337622 - 01/27/12 04:51 AM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Korg Arrangers are not a “take out of the box and play”; they take a good amount of programing to get them up and ready. I put my Pa800 up for sale three times and decided to keep it each time; I am glad I did not sell it.

Having played other make keyboards for many years and then moving to a Korg keyboard which has an OS that is DIFFERENT is not an easy task. A new player with no arranger knowledge might find it easy to learn. I had relearn much of what I knew about Technics and Yamaha before I learn Korg’s OS.

Is the OS better in Korg? Most of it is but no keyboard has it all.

In the past I attended many Technic keyboard jams where we played and exchanged information and midi files, I had to look for new information when I moved to Korg. It was going to take a bit of time to gather this information – examples, a good library styles, more pads, and some good performances; Technics calls them Panel Memory;

NOT TRUE – John Smies offers a package that covered almost all my needs to really get going. He added ideas I had not thought about and a lot of work I will not have to do myself. A $40 donation is requested, I would have paid him more by far; It cost me $29 for 10 styles and set-up for my Technics. The good part; Almost every bit of his work can be considered keepers.

John C.

#337646 - 01/27/12 08:10 AM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Korg Arrangers are not a “take out of the box and play”; they take a good amount of programing to get them up and ready.

I totally agree.
My friend just sent me some PA-800 styles he converted for his PA-50 SD. All I have to do is load them into my microArranger and play. And they don't sound bad at all.
Let's have a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B09rHL_Nqhs&feature=youtu.be

#337649 - 01/27/12 08:20 AM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: dralion]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: dralion
Korg Arrangers are not a “take out of the box and play”; they take a good amount of programing to get them up and ready.

I totally agree.
My friend just sent me some PA-800 styles he converted for his PA-50 SD. All I have to do is load them into my microArranger and play. And they don't sound bad at all.
Let's have a listen:

They really sound good.....thanx for the link.

#337742 - 01/27/12 03:37 PM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: dralion]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
That sounded really good dralion. Did you play melodies too or was that just intos, endings and some variations?
This makes me become more interested after having written off the idea of getting a MicroArranger.

#337744 - 01/27/12 03:44 PM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Korg Arrangers are not a “take out of the box and play”; they take a good amount of programing to get them up and ready."

Amen! I am trying my very best to be patient until I get everything like I want it on the PA3X. I can take a Yamaha, Roland or Ketron right out of the box and play a job the same day.
I'm slowly getting there with the PA, and learning to appreciate it's capabilities.
DonM

#337763 - 01/27/12 04:48 PM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: dralion]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dralion,
have you actually tweaked these, or are they just a straight EMC conversion??
I've got a number of user styles I did for my PA800, I could convert across , they may work ok also if the above haven't required tweaking.

Originally Posted By: dralion

I totally agree.
Let's have a listen:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337775 - 01/27/12 08:22 PM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: Scott Langholff]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
That sounded really good dralion. Did you play melodies too or was that just intos, endings and some variations?
This makes me become more interested after having written off the idea of getting a MicroArranger.

Scott, there are no melodies, only intro 1, 4 variations, 2 fills, and ending 1.

#337776 - 01/27/12 08:28 PM Re: Scott Micro Arranger [Re: rikkisbears]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Dralion,
have you actually tweaked these, or are they just a straight EMC conversion??
I've got a number of user styles I did for my PA800, I could convert across , they may work ok also if the above haven't required tweaking.

Rikki, my friend did the EMC conversion, I loaded the styles into my KMA and adjust some part's level.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online