SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#337786 - 01/27/12 10:59 PM Need 6/8 or Blues type style for Summertime T4
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
JUst can't seem to find exactly what I'm lookin for. Tried some slow blues, different 6/8's, tried 60sRisingPop which is used for HOuse of the Rising Sun after altering the guitar to JazzGuitar. None has quite passed the test yet. I'm doing it at about 72 tempo.

Actually, the 60sRisingSun style might make it if it had a good alternating bass, as it is it's only playing the root. Anyway I've got this feeling that I want to create, it would be similar to the rock band I played in in the late 60's. It had a nice beat and was played smoothly. There may even be another style on my T4 that could work but isn't listed as a 6/8 or blues, etc

Edited by Scott Langholff (01/27/12 11:05 PM)

#337789 - 01/27/12 11:29 PM Re: Need 6/8 or Blues type style for Summertime T4 [Re: Scott Langholff]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Scott,

You can give this one a try.

http://www.4shared.com/file/3iRkCH2g/6-8SoulOrgT161.html

It is based on a 6-8 Soul Style already present in the Tyros4. I've added organ tracks (some that feature Leslie speed changes) and I've modified Intros II and III to be 8 bar Variations (you can play chords) that have different basslines (walking bass) and Intro I is now a one bar stop/fill.

I've posted it here in case anyone else with a Tyros4 (it may work on a T3 as well) would find use for it.

You might want to edit volumes and OTS, to taste, but it works quite well for me as is, for songs like Summertime, New York State Of Mind and a few others.

Hope it helps,

Ian

PS...if you need it edited further, just email me, or text/call me on Skype, and let me know.

#337791 - 01/28/12 12:10 AM Re: Need 6/8 or Blues type style for Summertime T4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Ian

That's really good. That's about what I had in mind. Funny I tried that style earlier but for some reason bypassed it. Nice added stuff especially the leslie speed change. Wow. Thanx mucho.

Edited by Scott Langholff (01/28/12 12:20 AM)

#337793 - 01/28/12 01:37 AM Re: Need 6/8 or Blues type style for Summertime T4 [Re: Scott Langholff]
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi Ian,
please except my thanks also. Its certainly is a great style for "Summertime"much more appropriate than the standard user rhythm.
"your da man."

Thanks Gilbert.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online