SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33705 - 09/13/08 10:45 AM Help with SD2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, Just purchased the SD2 and a Fatar Studiologic vmk-176plus...I have followed the manual very carefully. to be fine. I was able to program aftertouch and sustain but my problem is accessing sounds and banks. I don't use a computer, I wanted to use it in our church..I know very little about midi and the codes. The only sound I've been able to get is the piano sounds...The keyboard says it has control change, but nothing seems to change..Can someone help me get set up...I would be most grateful.

Jackie

#33706 - 09/13/08 01:19 PM Re: Help with SD2
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Hi,

Got a feeling I just answered you over on the pgmusic forum.

Same answer here, try setting the controller to send on ALL MIDI channels instead of just on channel 1, see if that does it.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33707 - 09/14/08 10:31 AM Re: Help with SD2
--Mac Offline

Had time to download the .pdf manual for your controller, took a look.

It does not look like it will send on ALL channels, but only 1 thru 16 and OFF.

But I should think that sending on channel 1 would do the trick.

Something is up at your end, can't imagine what it might be, suggest you contact Studiologic Support and see if they might be able to shed some light.

I don't have that particular controller here, but can at least tell you that the SD2 has worked here standalone with three different MIDI keyboards, one is a full fledged controller, the other two are MIDI keyboards with built in synths, but connecting their MIDI Out to the SD2's MIDI In will indeed work to control the SD2.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33708 - 09/14/08 08:33 PM Re: Help with SD2
--Mac Offline

Copied from pgmusic BIAB forum, problem evidently solved by user:

**************snip**************

Thanks Mac,

I finally figured it out...My inexperience with midi was my problem. Put the right cc messages in the keyboard it worked like advertised...Thanks for everything!
Jack

***************endsnip****************

--Mac

#33709 - 09/17/08 11:26 PM Re: Help with SD2
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much Mac for your persistance in helping Jack over multiple forums. You are a good guy.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online