SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 16 17 18
Topic Options
#335869 - 01/11/12 05:13 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ian ... just had a chance to hear "The Nearness of You" ... beautifully done ...

#335873 - 01/11/12 05:37 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks for the kind words, Tony and Nigel...very much appreciated.

Ian

#335878 - 01/11/12 06:06 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

I also like to crossfade between 2 similar saxes with velocity switch..I use aftertouch to bring in more vibrato..

Wide open sax play is also telling fake...the sax has soft tones too, velocity play is important..

That crossfading idea sounds interesting...not sure if I can do it on the Tyros4.

What about a volume pedal, Fran? That will let you increase (and decrease) the volume after the note begins. I can't live without one now.

Ian

PS...I use a old Roland sustain pedal (at least 15 years old)...the one with the rubber flap that lets you rest your heel on it, and it doesn't slide...ingenious!

#335882 - 01/11/12 07:35 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I also use the same sustain pedal......and always use an ev5 for volume..assigned to parts needing expression.

#335916 - 01/12/12 09:46 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

MELVILLE, NY, September 1, 2011 — The microARRANGER is the latest addition to Korg’s line of “micro” keyboard instruments. Using its extensive Style Engine, the microARRANGER can quickly turn a simple idea into a complete song featuring a full backing arrangement. The specifications and capabilities are based on Korg’s Pa50SD Professional Arranger.

Following the composer’s tempo selection, chord changes and voice leading, the microARRANGER can create a full backing arrangement in real time, based on the selected musical Style. Each of the over 300 Styles is a complete composing environment that includes intros, breaks, fills, endings and four variations for a realistic performance. Each Style also includes four preset instrument selections. The user is always free to change any element to his or her own liking. These same features allow the user to play a favorite song, with the microARRANGER creating a full backing arrangement on the fly.

The user’s compositions can be recorded in a variety of ways. The internal recorder features step, real-time and workstation modes, allowing both the accomplished player and the non-keyboardist the ability to create and save their own songs with a rich backing arrangement – anything from a simple drum and bass groove to a jazz quartet or a full R&B rhythm section. Full editing tools are included to polish any performance. Songs can be saved on a convenient SD/SDHC card.

The microARRANGER features high-quality Korg sound, with over 650 professionally-created sounds to choose from. Four studio-quality stereo effects processors add vitality and motion to the sound; 89 Effect Programs are available.

As the “micro” name implies, the microARRANGER is compact, lightweight, and extremely portable. The Natural Touch keyboard features 61 velocity sensitive mini-keys proportioned for comfortable playing. A stereo speaker system is built right in for sharing the microARRANGER’s sound, or headphones can be used for private practice.
Pricing and availability for the Korg microARRANGER will be announced shortly.

Korg press Release..

Edited by Dnj (01/12/12 09:47 AM)

#336923 - 01/21/12 11:42 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

If any KMA owners could possibly record a KMA JAZZ Piano demo using KORG Pianos & styles also I would love to hear it...
we all learn from each other.

Thank you

PS: Maybe the next KMA demo I will solo some sounds only...

Edited by Dnj (01/21/12 12:03 PM)

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 16 17 18

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online