SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#337052 - 01/22/12 08:29 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I stil have several Anatek Pocket units..Pocket channel, Pocket split,Pocket merge, Pocket Transpose, Pocket pedal etc..

I recall using these pedals with early arrangers like Roland 301 and 305 arrangers..Using Pocket channel I was able to layer additional sounds from the same keyboard ..using the "open" channels like 14 and 15..

I used the Pocket pedal for EV5 and dp2 pedals that the keyboard did not support..and the merge pedal was a must when you were midi..ing 3 keyboards...Pocket transpose was always needed..for JX10 and other units with no transpose..
Anatek had a brilliant concept...and they worked..

Anatek pocket

#337059 - 01/22/12 09:43 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I still have a few Anatek units (Merge, Pedal etc) floating around here somewhere...no need of them now with the arranger.

They were some handy back in my synth days.

Ian

#337072 - 01/22/12 12:42 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Fran Carango]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
yeh, I remember the good old days, I even had one module that was monophonic ( goodness knows what posessed me, some sort of Oberheim) haahaa.
You needed 3 or 4 modules midied to even play a fairly basic midifile. Used to be fun, though.
Nowadays you just take the polyphony for granted.

I still like miding stuff together, but it's only for home use. More so the challenge of getting some weird setup to work.
I've currently got BIAB midied to my korg, with a mix of korg style & biab real tracks playing in sync while I record them on the korgs mp3 player. Useful, probably not, but it's fun getting it to work.
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Hi Rikki, My MIDI days..were about synths , keyboards and modules...6,8,12,and 16 voice instruments..

When I started to use arrangers on stage (90's)..it opened a "whole new world", not because I could play the auto stuff..that was great..but the possibility to use arrangers as multi instruments, with drum patterns that worked great...and plenty of polyphony...all the effects abound also...Arrangers are complete packages..that curbed my primary need to MIDI up...

Is MIDIing up arrangers important..not so much..more of experimental, and just having fun...Detail operation between two arrangers is still complex and they do not talk or play well with each other..but basic operation as we discussed here on SZ, does work well..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337116 - 01/22/12 11:30 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Donny

Sounds good. What's the name of the tango?

#337122 - 01/23/12 01:07 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Hi Donny

Sounds good. What's the name of the tango?

Scott, Thanx... I would have to say "Donny's Tango" lol.....
as it was just something off the top of my head while I was inspired by the English Tango style playing it on the KMA

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online