SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#336858 - 01/20/12 08:56 PM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I don't like to use OTS/STS etc.
I like to keep the same players in my band or combo...
Same bass player, same drummer, same piano player, same organ guy, same sax guy and the scat ready to go...I have these ready with the push of a part button...No surprises smile

Well put. smile
I like how Korg allows you to accomplish this with the "Style Change" button. When performing in auto accomp mode, with the "Style Change" button activated, and STS button deactivated, you are able to freely change styles, yet retain the same band instrument members throughout, aka: RT and LH live played parts. You can then optionally call up a diferent band member(s) on your terms. smile

That is a great KORG feature on the KMA...man this lil' unit has so much going for it ! cool2

#336862 - 01/20/12 09:52 PM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: john smies

the other set up that I suggested was meant for those who, no matter what others may say or think, dislike the idea of playing the smaller keys of the Korg Micro....

So, let me see if I have this right.

Your "enhancements" for the Korg PA-50SD will also work on the new microArranger?

So, any discoveries in this thread, regarding microArranger, will also apply to those who already have, or wish to buy a Korg PA-50SD?

Was there as much interest in the PA-50SD when it was introduced, or do you feel the seemingly bigger popularity of the microArranger is due both to it's much cheaper price, and/or it's tiny keys and overall smaller size (portabilty)?

Was/is there a similar situation on Korg forums, and was the PA-50SD received with as much fanfare when it was introduced?

Finally, has the microArranger increased the interest in your PA-50SD enhancements, if they will work for both instruments?

Ian

#336869 - 01/20/12 11:02 PM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hey Donny,

Did you like the way I abbreviated the Korg Mini Arranger to KMA. I see you are using my abbreviation readily and freely at will now without a word of thanks, never mind I was glad I was of help. Save your little playing fingers for playing, now you are doing less typing.

But ples D can we hav sum mor demos on kma

T

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336874 - 01/21/12 12:45 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I don't like to use OTS/STS etc.
I like to keep the same players in my band or combo...
Same bass player, same drummer, same piano player, same organ guy, same sax guy and the scat ready to go...I have these ready with the push of a part button...No surprises smile

Well put. smile
I like how Korg allows you to accomplish this with the "Style Change" button. When performing in auto accomp mode, with the "Style Change" button activated, and STS button deactivated, you are able to freely change styles, yet retain the same band instrument members throughout, aka: RT and LH live played parts. You can then optionally call up a diferent band member(s) on your terms. smile

Scott,
First of all thanks for expressing your appreciation as regards my settings for hooking up the Micro to a (Yamaha )main keyboard. I hope some of you guys will try this out soon and report back.

As to your suggestion here about chosing different styles , have any of you guys ever thought about the REVERSE ?
However this starts on the assumption that you have good or worthwile performances loaded. Me too I don't like OTS/STS settings at all and have never ever been bothered. BUT:
If you have selected a style and sound for the right hand and after that
(while playing or not) DISENGAGE the Style Change button and then choose another Performance, the style will continue but the right hand will change to whichever sounds progammed for the right hand in the Korg.In this way you theorettically have 160 STS settings at your command. Give it a try !!

regards,
John Smies

#336876 - 01/21/12 02:34 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just got my KMA(thank you Tony) yesterday so am still noodling with the factory syles, and trying to learn the OS.

One thing that baffles me is why some styles have an active left hand voice and some don't. I know how to raise the volume, but when there is no icon it is inactive, OTS or not.

Generally speaking, I love the little beasty. I am new to Korg and love most of the styles. I will try John's suggestion soon about a controller. However, I have small hands and can do a lot better job playing full piano with some of the great jazz styles.

Ian
Very good question about the sudden interest. It struck me that Korg might be slimming down their profit margin to introduce the masses to their keyboards. I know I would not have gotten one except for the specs and price point.

More later

Bernie

#336877 - 01/21/12 05:07 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Do any of you use a volume pedal ? Mine don't seem to work.

#336878 - 01/21/12 05:28 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Bernie9]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Do any of you use a volume pedal ? Mine don't seem to work.

Hi Bernie,

did you check page 126 of your manual where it says PAGE 3 , assignable pedal ? You need "continuous pedal " + "master volume " + the correct polarity.....

regards,
John

P.S. I do not use a volume pedal myself hence I can't say more than that...

#336879 - 01/21/12 06:01 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Tony Hughes]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
[quote=Tony Hughes]Hey Donny,

Did you like the way I abbreviated the Korg Mini Arranger to KMA. I see you are using my abbreviation readily and freely at will now without a word of thanks, never mind I was glad I was of help. Save your little playing fingers for playing, now you are doing less typing.

T

I thought it was abbreviation for "Known Mentality Adjustment"
smile

Edited by Fran Carango (01/21/12 06:04 AM)

#336880 - 01/21/12 06:14 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Fran Carango]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

#336881 - 01/21/12 07:25 AM Re: Korg microArranger Discoveries & Questions [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Hey Donny,

T

Tony love the nickname...good job.....I've been swamped with gigs lately, but I will try to do a few more demos on the KMA next week as I have a few days off.....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online