SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#336747 - 01/19/12 08:01 PM Difference between TOTL MOTL and other types.
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Greetings folks,
I have been lurking around here for years, picking up valuable info from you pros, but not really engaging. I hope that you keep up the lively discussion and bantering. It's great to hear you expression your passionate viewpoints. I expect to start participating in the forum.

To start, could someone very briefly define the terms TOTL and MOTL, and help explain the differences and how they apply to the major boards on the market? I would appreciate it.

I've been wanting a new Yamaha board for a long time, and was hoping to see a new top of the line T-5 or something to top the Tyros4. But alas, it seems like emphasis is moving toward micros and mid range boards. Thanks to those of you who are posting NAMM reports. Keep it up.

I'm really thankful for this synthzone forum and to be in your company. I'm anxious to post my first demo for your critiques very soon! Happy Playing. Russ B. Dallas/Fort Worth

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#336749 - 01/19/12 08:07 PM Re: Difference between TOTL MOTL and other types. [Re: TresorTX]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Russ,

TOTL...Top of the Line

MOTL...Middle of the Line

Tyros4 is still quite new...I expect we'll see new PSR-S series (and CVP Piano based arrangers) before we see a Tyros5, which, from what I understand, is still in the design stages.

I'm looking forward to your participation, and also to hearing your music.

Welcome to Synth Zone.

Ian

#336750 - 01/19/12 08:19 PM Re: Difference between TOTL MOTL and other types. [Re: ianmcnll]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Welcome to SZ, Russ!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#336753 - 01/19/12 08:54 PM Re: Difference between TOTL MOTL and other types. [Re: TresorTX]
124 Offline

Ian, on the subject of a new S-series, how close to the T4 do you think they'll be. As a non-Yamaha owner, it seems to me that there's not a huge gap between the current S910 and the T4, given the price difference. Depending, of course, on Russ B's financial situation, and his looking to a Yamaha, I'd think an S910, or 710, would suit him admirably.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online