Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#336452 - 01/17/12 11:58 PM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Not one bit surprised...predicted this last week.

Ian

Ian How do you do that, do you have a set of cards, can you give me this weekends winning lottery numbers for the UK. eeeeeeeehh eek2

LOL! Tony, if you've been around this forum long enough, you'd know Donny has form. rotfl

Like I said 124 I will give Donny one thing he is not scared of telling us he is selling it, most people would just roll over and say nothing, 10 out of 10 Donny for danlgy bits. What we do in the UK if we are buying a new KB, is go into the music shop, sit down and play it loud for about 4 hrs, just until the rest of the customers have had enough and them let them make you mind up for you. Most will be kind and say it sounds good, you just have a different way of doing things, that OK but a bit costly.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336453 - 01/18/12 01:03 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: 124]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny there are those who believe in you and because they do they have made plans to buy a keyboard sight-un-seen; taking and respecting your opinion.

Quote: “Great sounding little unit, sadly not fitting in for my needs.” This is not good enough you need to explain your reasons why.

John C.

#336456 - 01/18/12 02:53 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Not one bit surprised...predicted this last week.

Ian

Ian How do you do that, do you have a set of cards, can you give me this weekends winning lottery numbers for the UK. eeeeeeeehh eek2

Ha ha, Tony...nothing mysterious...just a case of history repeating itself.

The sad part is that there were those, unfamiliar with this person's (a senior member, no less) track record, and who were reading the glowing earlier reports, and, not having the opportunity to try one out, may have placed an order.

However, knowing Donny for as long as I have, there was certainly no mal intent on his part.

Ian

#336457 - 01/18/12 02:53 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
We all have different needs as well as expectations. I think Donny is fast paced, and demands near instant gratifation for a fast paced show.

Others, like myself, playing three times a week with different setups, can afford to bide my time with a new piece of gear until I am comfortable with it to include it in my setup.

I don't take Donny's turn about as being insincere. I think he goes into it with optimism, really trying to like it. On the otherhand, when he makes a decision to dump it, he does so with the same flair and honesty.

Different strokes.

Bernie

#336461 - 01/18/12 05:02 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
By Bernie
“I don't take Donny's turn about as being insincere. I think he goes into it with optimism, really trying to like it. On the other hand, when he makes a decision to dump it, he does so with the same flair and honesty.”

This subject is not about being sincere, optimism or honesty, it is about responsibility. I like Donny he is a alright guy with good talent, I am not trying to make him less in any way, but when someone expresses his views; opinions that might effects another’s decision, he has taken at advantage of what Nigel has created, this forum. I believe, at least for me, that when I enter into this forum that I should govern myself with certain guide lines; one of those guidelines is responsibility.

I hate when others use topics to bash another member, even if their posts are laced with clever wording there no missing their intent. I like Donny with all his ways but I can also hate something that he might do; As a man I find him solid; as a musician I feel HE IS GOOD.

My comments are not directed against him, they are directed the subject being discussed. If we were to decide the value of a man and his ways by what he may have done wrong in our eyes we set ourselves up to be judged by the same criteria; then not one of us would be worth very much – and so ends friendship and getting along.

He told me how great the Korg Micro Arranger is -- so now tell me why it does not fit his needs. What I am asking for the rest of the story.

Sorry if I went on too long, John C.

#336462 - 01/18/12 05:22 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Well taken John.
Donny has been a SZ friend of mine for over ten years. I always like to hear his take on something, but I don't count on his first opinion being his last.

OTOH I too would be interested in what he didn't like about it. Mine will be in tomorrow, and you can bet I will not have an opinion until I fully explore it. Since my expectations are realistic, I seriously doubt I will be disappionted.

#336464 - 01/18/12 06:16 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Look guys Donny has provided you all with some fantastic demos in did quick sticks on the KMA just to show you how it could be done, a bit like Jack Cannon on the Audya, so don’t knock him too hard. He has a mind of his own and not all that deep pockets which appears to be filled with fun money, he works hard on gigging at an alarming rate, no doubt away from his family every night, so he is entitled to spend his money how he feels.

What’s next Donny !!!!

Hammond B3, the other end of the Richter scale, with an old rhythm unit.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336465 - 01/18/12 06:21 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Hey Tony
Uncalled for. I am the last to knock anyone.

#336468 - 01/18/12 06:42 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Bernie9]
Tony Hughes Offline

I am sure you didn't Bernie and never would.

Tony

#336484 - 01/18/12 09:01 AM Re: KORG microARRANGER For Sale [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Hello fellow SZ'ers.....at this time after giving it deep thought and an in-depth consultation with my mentor Fran Carango I have decided to keep the Korg microARRANGER for now. It sounds TOO good to let it go just for one of my in the moment spurts of lunacy & indecisiveness. Thanx to everyone for their help also.
With NAMM starting tomorrow who knows what will turn up. But for now I know I have a solid backup with the KMA that's for sure.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online