SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#336401 - 01/17/12 12:25 PM Re: Audya 5 vs Pa3x Rumba [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I'm only listening thru my little netbook speakers, the Audya drums sound better.

Still wouldn't swap it for my korg , though.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336405 - 01/17/12 01:14 PM Re: Audya 5 vs Pa3x Rumba [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
I'm only listening thru my little netbook speakers, the Audya drums sound better.

Rikki...it's funny most know it sounds better but due to the service and other problems Ketron has have put a sour note in peoples minds...too bad...with a little bit of TLC Ketron could be untouchable in the arranger game. For me as a former Ketron player using many models in years past including the Midjay. I also have great respect & appreciation for Prince AJ and his efforts as I do Dan O also for all their help & support thru my Ketron years, but I still say for recording & sounding like a LIVE BAND, EXCELLENT!... for Live Performance very good, great navigational features... BUT, always in back of your mind not confident something may happen & then what?....service & support delay nightmares...like walking a tightrope with NO NET!! I cant take that chance with such a busy gig schedule sorry.

Edited by Dnj (01/17/12 01:17 PM)

#336408 - 01/17/12 01:49 PM Re: Audya 5 vs Pa3x Rumba [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Hi Donny,

Why do you guys only compare the bass, while to my ears the biggest difference is the bass, which sounds so much better on teh Audya.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#336421 - 01/17/12 04:58 PM Re: Audya 5 vs Pa3x Rumba [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

That's true Bachus.
Even though Audya sounds much better I would still buy pa3x over it.Reliability is the most important thing in live playing.Even more important that sound itself.
I still think Yamaha or Korg or even Roland can improve sound.Especially drums.Imagine if they put something like BFD2 or Addictive Drums or Superior Drummer and you can play with those sounds with overhead and room mics recorded and you mix them yourself the way it suits you.We wouldn't need loops although I love loop drums but you can't do much with it once it's recorded.
There is technology and these 3 are way behind like 10 years at least.
Audya had a potential,but lacked knowledge to finish product.
Yamaha wraps up the same product and sells us a new one.Tyros 4 should have been T2 or at least T3.Same goes with Korg.Pa3x should have been Pa2x.There is not much difference.
Roland is out of the game so far.I hope they do something new in arranger world.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#336424 - 01/17/12 05:20 PM Re: Audya 5 vs Pa3x Rumba [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Bachus ,
did you mean to say why do we only compare drums?

I'm an ex sd1+ owner & the ketron drums were brilliant.

But as I said, I wouldn't swap one for my korg, it just hasn't got enough style editing functions for me.
I could have bought one from a friend of mine ( as new) used it twice for less than I paid for my PA3X, new here in Aust. they cost double.
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Hi Donny,

Why do you guys only compare the bass, while to my ears the biggest difference is the bass, which sounds so much better on teh Audya.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online